Kentucky 78 Mississippi State 65

MJAlltheWay24

Was good to get a solid, double digit win. Overall, I thought the Cats looked better and they needed a good win.

After a lackluster 1st half I thought the Cats came out and played pretty well in the 2nd half. Defensive rebounding has to improve. One can tell that was addressed at the half bc the rebounding looked a lot better in the 2nd. Knox looked good offensively, 19pts. but I really think that kid is scared to go after a rebound, he has to get tougher. Washington had a really good game scoring 22.

I thought that they looked really good in the zone defense tonight. Passing the ball continues to be a problem. What these guys need is to play more consistent and I think that will improve game by game.

WVU in Morgantown is up on Sat., and if these Cats think that SC pushed them around and was physical ....:eek: WVU will beat you while beating you up. Pressing constantly, UK will have to take care of the ball / cut down t/o's and go to the boards like their hair is on fire.

Is Vanderbilt really a top 15 pick as of right now?

I've been thinking the same thing about many UK players projected to go in round 1. But then I remember Skal Labissiere (sp) and how he got drafted high after a very unimpressive freshman season. I guess the NBA sometimes drafts on potential vs. performance.

I've been thinking the same thing about many UK players projected to go in round 1. But then I remember Skal Labissiere (sp) and how he got drafted high after a very unimpressive freshman season. I guess the NBA sometimes drafts on potential vs. performance.

Skal was a Euro kid being asked to play physical college ball as a number 5, was never gonna work. The spacing in the NBA has given him a career, he has a good jumper.

I’m trying to find his one NBA keeps him on a roster talent (energy?) Hopefully, we all see it soon, that would only benefit UK. Is he Terrance Jones 2.0 without the offense right now?

He's very Ben Simmons to me. :idunno: Makes really good decisions and always seems to be near a loose ball. Just not as assertive or aggressive offensively as Simmons could be at LSU.