Beechwood

OCath

LCA

Raceland

Mayfield

Somerset

WV

Clinton County

Haven't seen a bracket yet so can't speculate on second round matchups, but I will say I like LCA, Mayfield or WV to win it all. OCath should be a tough out too. UHA definitely got a tough draw but I think they are a top 5 team in this tourney.

Beechwood vs. Lynn Camp

Knott County Central vs. Owensboro Catholic

Lexington Christian vs. University Heights

Louisville Collegiate vs. Raceland

Mayfield vs. Green County

Pikeville vs. Somerset

Walton-Verona vs. Holy Cross (Lou.)

Clinton County vs. Robertson County

My first round picks:

Beechwood

Owensboro Catholic

Lexington Christian

Louisville Collegiate

Mayfield

Somerset

walton-Verona

Clinton County

UHA got the worst draw of the bunch. However, I think the put up a good fight against LCA before bowing out in the 4th quarter.

I really think we will see a Mayfield vs LCA final. Should be a great matchup.

There's a very good chance you're right. I'm fairly confident the LCA/UHA winner will face the winner of a likely Walton-Verona/Mayfield semifinal match. LCA likely beats UHA, and I think Mayfield/WV is pretty close to a toss up.

If someone outside of that group of 4 is to pull off an upset, I'd go with Somerset.

Mayfield is REALLY good. They probably have the most impressive wins of anybody in the tournament. It seems LCA's ratings are boosted by losses to really good teams. But in reality, they don't have the wins that Mayfield Has. When we beat Mayfield earlier in the year they were without one of their best players and so were we (Trice). So it's hard to gauge that game.

Mayfield has beaten UHA (albeit without their second best player) and John Hardin.

Walton Verona is a tough team to gauge as well as they are playing without their big guy.

I think Mayfield definitely makes the final. Then I think the winner of UHA and LCA makes the final. The talk among folks I know at UHA say that they think the game boils down to LCA making 3's and UHA rebounding. If UHA can't close out on their shooters and can't draw even on the boards they will struggle to win. But if they can defend the 3 point line and hold their own in rebounding they think they have a very good shot.

Edited by Kentuckywildcat#1

Does anyone know anything about Lynn Camp? They have a great record against a weak schedule.

Someone told me this might be their best team ever. Will they bring a strong crowd?

Dinky will coach them up but they will likely fall in the first round. But I say "Go Campers!!! "

Tanner Boggs is a nice player.