Four teams vs. the field

I have a buddy that every year he has me pick four teams to win the state title and give him the field. What four teams would you roll with? I’m thinking as of now Scott County, Trinity, Cov Cath, and Fern Creek. Thoughts?

Can’t go wrong with those teams.

I think the Colonels are definitely strong, but if Cooper can get back to firing on all cylinders, the Jags will be a challenge for Cov Cath to get past to get to the Sweet 16.

Absolutely agree. I was at the KOB when the two played. I just feel Cov Cath can win in more ways than Cooper. Ballard could knock off Trinity in region and Fern Creek has a region loss or two I believe. Don’t know much about what else is in Scott County’s region.

Absolutely agree. I was at the KOB when the two played. I just feel Cov Cath can win in more ways than Cooper. Ballard could knock off Trinity in region and Fern Creek has a region loss or two I believe. Don’t know much about what else is in Scott County’s region.

Scott Co. could lose in the region, but they are the favorite. The 11th region is the toughest region in the state, and will be a battle royal to win.

I’m not familiar with the 11th. Who are the other teams in with them?

BGP Top 20 ranked teams in the 11th Region:

42nd District - #2 Scott County and #3 Bryan Station

43rd District - #6 Lafayette and #13 Lex Cath

44th District - #16 Madison Central

Ouch.

Those four certainly make the most sense, but from a probability perspective I might include both Covington Catholic and Cooper in my four. With both of them in my four, I am very likely to get at least one of them to the state tournament, and either one will be among the favorites to win it. My other two would be Trinity and Scott County. That leaves out Fern Creek, a team I really like. But its loss to Doss in the LIT puts it a notch below the others in my mind.