Bud Diesel Is No Longer One Of America's 3 Favorite Beers

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I could count on 1 hand the number of Budweiser's I've had in the last 5 years or so. I could probably count the number of Bud Lights I've had in that time period on two hands.

Coors Light and Miller Lite, though.....:whistling:

Budweiser is no longer one of America's three most popular beers.

Before 2001, Budweiser was the top-selling U.S. beer, but it relinquished that crown to Bud Light. Coors Light knocked Budweiser out of the second spot in 2011.

Now Miller Lite has taken over third place, relegating Bud to No. 4, according to sales estimates from the trade publication Beer Marketer's Insights, which has kept track since the mid-1970s.

Though Miller Lite is now part of the top three, its sales dipped in 2017 -- they just didn't fall as far as Bud's. In fact, all four top-selling beers slipped last year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could count on 1 hand the number of Budweiser's I've had in the last 5 years or so. I could probably count the number of Bud Lights I've had in that time period on two hands.

Before 2001, Budweiser was the top-selling U.S. beer, but it relinquished that crown to Bud Light. Coors Light knocked Budweiser out of the second spot in 2011.

Now Miller Lite has taken over third place, relegating Bud to No. 4, according to sales estimates from the trade publication Beer Marketer's Insights, which has kept track since the mid-1970s.

Though Miller Lite is now part of the top three, its sales dipped in 2017 -- they just didn't fall as far as Bud's. In fact, all four top-selling beers slipped last year.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I can't even remember the last time I drank a regular Budweiser. Might have been over 10 years ago. None of my circle of friends drink it either. I see it occasionally in bars but otherwise, it's rare to see one in the wild.

Bud Light on the other hand is a completely different story. It's my everyday beer. And everyone in my wife's family is hardcore Miller Lite.

Lt. Dan could count on both feet the number of Buds I've drank in the last 10 years.