Mercer County/Boyle County Predictions

On Tuesday at Boyle County the Mercer County Titans will come to town to face the Rebels in a 12th Region matchup.

Mercer County has a record of 14-4 while Boyle County is sitting on a 10-4 record.

Mercer County is led by Mr. Basketball candidate, Trevon Faulkner and he has a supporting cast of PG Carter Baughman, Kaelin Drakeford, Gunnar Gillis and Jameson Lewis.

Boyle County is led by Bryce Slone, Baby J, Reese Smith, Grant Hotchkiss and Will Bramel.

This game presents an opportunity for both teams to feel each other out. The last time they met was last season during the regular season where Boyle County led Mercer County from start to finish in a 78-76 victory at Mercer County. Trevon Faulkner had 41 points if I am not mistaken but it wasn’t enough to pull out the victory. The meeting before that was a couple of weeks before that game in a tournament and Mercer County absolutely destroyed Boyle County in that game.

Boyle County has yet to play their best basketball and Mercer County has been considered one of the top 2 teams in the 12th Region all season. I expect an intense game with a packed house as this rivalry is a rivalry I call under appreciated. I’m excited!!!!!

I’ll take my Rebels in a close one. Obviously.

Edited by bugatti

Mercer has Casey tonight 1st. I haven't seen Boyle all year but I think you put them with Pulaski and Mercer as the favorites. I would have West Jessamine right behind those three.

I didn’t know they had Casey County tonight. I knew they played Friday and Saturday so I assumed they wouldn’t be playing tonight.

I think this will be a good one. Boyle has been more efficient offensively this year, and can score at all 3 levels. Must keep Bramel on the floor and out of foul trouble though. He's really upped his game this year. I'll go with the Rebs at home by 3.