All A a KHSAA event?

PP1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a mid season basketball tournament ran by a committee, no different than the King of the Bluegrass or Ashland Invitational Tournament.

This!

If it was called anything else without the words "All A" in it most people wouldn't give it another thought...by that I mean the people that complain about it every year.

And it in no way should be compared to our be held in the equivalent of a State Championship.

IMO:

1. State Championship

2. All A “Statewide” Championship

3. Region Championship

4. District Championship

To me that is the importance of the All A and I’m sure many schools will agree with me. Not sure why there is so much distaste for this tournament.

IMO:

1. State Championship

2. All A “Statewide” Championship

3. Region Championship

4. District Championship

To me that is the importance of the All A and I’m sure many schools will agree with me. Not sure why there is so much distaste for this tournament.

Agree 100%

And it in no way should be compared to our be held in the equivalent of a State Championship.

It’s a state championship of schools with enrollments that meet the 125 smallest school guideline. It’s a state-wide tournament.

It most definitely is a State Championship because all 16 regions are playing in it.

It is not a KHSAA event.

Anyone can host a tournament and use pretty much any criteria they want to determine who can play. I could decide to try and set up a tournament for all the private schools in the state, or all the county schools, or all the schools with Wildcats as their mascot.

For one this should not be Called the all A classic. It is not a class A tournament. It is actually a 3 A tournament. About half the schools in the state compete in it. As far as the khsaa sponsoring it that's like saying does the KHSAA sponsor the lake Cumberland classic.

For one this should not be Called the all A classic. It is not a class A tournament. It is actually a 3 A tournament. About half the schools in the state compete in it. As far as the khsaa sponsoring it that's like saying does the KHSAA sponsor the lake Cumberland classic.

For the record, and it has been mentioned here before, when the All A Classic started as a statewide tournament, it lined up with what was then Class 1A in football. So if you guys want to get hung up on the name of the tournament, blame the KHSAA for splitting their football classes. The tournament organizers shouldn't have to change the name just because the KHSAA changed its classifications.

But I do hate when schools participating in it refer to it as "Class A State." No, no it's not.