Holmes 63 Bishop Brossart 51

Final from Covington, Holmes was led by L.J.Miller and Trey Gaither with 13, pretty sure Zach Hamberg led Brossart with 16, the young man can shoot. Holmes had a comfortable lead until the 4th and Brossart made a strong come back. Holmes plays Saturday then again Sunday.

Holmes jumped out early and almost never looked back until the 4th when Brossart caught fire. Tons of fouls called in this game and both teams connected on the freebies. Holmes is much better than their record.

Holmes jumped out early and almost never looked back until the 4th when Brossart caught fire. Tons of fouls called in this game and both teams connected on the freebies. Holmes is much better than their record.

On most nights Holmes' play is indicative of their record.

On most nights Holmes' play is indicative of their record.

First time I’ve seen them play. I commented that I guessed some times they show up and some times they don’t. Many losses came from unknown to NKY teams. They could shock a team or lay an egg. Coach Listerman has them playing hard.

Holmes bursts out to an 18-5 first quarter lead, and used the free-throw to their advantage in building a 30-16 first half advantage knocking home 11 of their 12 attempts.

Holmes maintained a 48-29 advantage with 8 minutes to play in the game, when the Mustangs went on a 13-1 run to narrow the margin to 59-51 with 1:45 to play in the game. The Bulldogs outscored the visitors 4-0 to finish out the 63-51 NKAC Div II win.

Brossart's Zach Hamberg led all scroers with 16 points that included four 3-pointers. Sophomore Ethan Eilerman netted 12 on the night with 10 of them coming in the second half. The 88% free-throw shooter hit 8 of 8 from the stripe.

The Bulldogs were led by James Gaither and Jarrod Miller with 13 points apiece. Kerez Race and Raekwon Sterling added 11 apiece.

The free-throw shooting evened out in the second half with the Dawgs hitting on 20 of 28 on the night and the Mustangs connecting on 18 of 23.

Brossart will be off until next Wednesday when we will play three in three days - Dayton, Harrison County and Scott.

I need an explanation of this, I'm confused, is this a positive or negative comment?

I was just saying the Bulldogs record was 5 and 9 entering this contest, if a team is better than their record, apparently they have left a lot in the locker room on several nights. I would classify my quote as constructive criticism.

The talent level at Holmes is way down from its great run in the early 2000s. Also, I would argue that Coach Listerman's best days are behind him. But those who think Brad Carr, that is who I've heard about, is going to take over and bring this program back may be in for a rude awakening. I am not sure if I would want him in charge after the way and reason he was let go at Scott.

The talent level at Holmes is way down from its great run in the early 2000s. Also, I would argue that Coach Listerman's best days are behind him. But those who think Brad Carr, that is who I've heard about, is going to take over and bring this program back may be in for a rude awakening. I am not sure if I would want him in charge after the way and reason he was let go at Scott.

Reason he was let go?

Edited by camelman