Looks like Bryan Price is only keeping the seat warm.

Repeat, until there is new ownership, nothing will change. The plan is to hire a manger that has never managed at any level, who is a hometown homer. Its about nothing more than revenue in the pockets of the owners, not wins, not championships. Failure at its finest.

Repeat, until there is new ownership, nothing will change. The plan is to hire a manger that has never managed at any level, who is a hometown homer. Its about nothing more than revenue in the pockets of the owners, not wins, not championships. Failure at its finest.

What makes you believe that Barry Larkin couldn't do the job with his home town team?

You've beat this drum before. What exactly would you want new ownership to do? And no, you can't waive a magic wand and erase the contracts for Bailey and/or Votto. From this moment going forward, what can/should a new owner do that Bob isn't?

You've beat this drum before. What exactly would you want new ownership to do? And no, you can't waive a magic wand and erase the contracts for Bailey and/or Votto. From this moment going forward, what can/should a new owner do that Bob isn't?

The Reds are getting a steal with Votto's contract....

New ownership would lease to new people running the baseball operations, from front office down to Minor league levels.

Also the new ownership goes beyond Bob, he only owns 15% of the team.

What track record does he have as a manager in any capacity? HS coach, Little league, anything?

You think the 19 years he spent in the locker room and dugout with Rose, Piniella, Johnson, McKeon, Boone and Miley wouldn't help prepare him for how to manage a bunch of guys. He has been working with every club in the Reds system for several years now in player development. I think he is more than qualified to manage in the majors and would do a good job. Only time will tell.

You think the 19 years he spent in the locker room and dugout with Rose, Piniella, Johnson, McKeon, Boone and Miley wouldn't help prepare him for how to manage a bunch of guys. He has been working with every club in the Reds system for several years now in player development. I think he is more than qualified to manage in the majors and would do a good job. Only time will tell.

Yep, and he managed a team in the WBC as well.

I mean if the Yankees can go ahead and fire Joe Girardi and hire Aaron Boone to take his place, surely the Reds can give Barry Larkin a shot.

:rolleyes: Oh good lets high jack another thread with your posts about new Reds owners.

It's ridiculous. Literally every single thread he posts in gets ruined.

#ILIYF

I am still amazed at the amount of pro teams who either don't put a 3-5 year plan in place or if they do, they don't stick to it. There's no reason the Reds shouldn't be able to put a competitive team on the field after 3 years of rebuilding.

#ILIYF

I am still amazed at the amount of pro teams who either don't put a 3-5 year plan in place or if they do, they don't stick to it. There's no reason the Reds shouldn't be able to put a competitive team on the field after 3 years of rebuilding.

That all starts with the ownership.

Yep, and he managed a team in the WBC as well.

I mean if the Yankees can go ahead and fire Joe Girardi and hire Aaron Boone to take his place, surely the Reds can give Barry Larkin a shot.

Valid points, also valid, is when the reds have been good, they haven't had a hometown guy as the Manager. Food for thought. They only go the hometown guy Manger, when the team is not good, and they need butts in the seats.