Anyone else pumped up that NASCAR is less than a month away?

theguru

2017 was the first year I ever watched NASCAR (and my favorite Formula 1).

All I can say is I am so glad I opened my mind to the world of Auto Racing.

It even gets better as a new fan. I won't be sad anymore when the Super Bowl is over, I will be happy because I am looking forward to NASCAR.

Anyone else pumped up?

I haven't followed along in the short off-season, what is new for 2018?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really tried to get into NASCAR but they have so many stupid things going on that I just can't do it.

I felt like I needed to go back to college just to understand some of the car stuff. I really enjoyed watching a race in person, however.

Grew up around forms of racing and enjoy NASCAR. Much better sport to see in person to gain a concept of space, speed, sound, etc. The track plays a huge role in the fan experience or quality of racing. Short tracks and "plate" racing creates constant competition. Daytona has spent a lot of money creating a unique stadium experience for fans in the stands and is the absolute best place to be in the garage /infield areas for the race. If you want a Kentucky Derby infield experience, take your RV to Talladega for a few days (especially if you are single and under 30). In the past 15 years, the sport has grown in its connection to football as walking through pit road will attest. Lots of ex-college football guys now working in over-the-wall roles in NASCAR.

2017 was the first year I ever watched NASCAR (and my favorite Formula 1).

All I can say is I am so glad I opened my mind to the world of Auto Racing.

It even gets better as a new fan. I won't be sad anymore when the Super Bowl is over, I will be happy because I am looking forward to NASCAR.

Anyone else pumped up?

I haven't followed along in the short off-season, what is new for 2018?

218 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Schedule | Official Site Of NASCAR

You need to watch Supercross on Fox Sports Saturday nights.

I used to be a huge fan in the 80's to mid 90's. I'll still watch the super speedway and Charlotte races, but I just don't connect with any modern drivers enough to really watch much more than that.

I enjoyed it a lot and even attended the first Brickyard, I may give it a longer look this year. Just wish there was a driver or team that I really liked.

Wife watches almost every event on TV and would like to go to a race someday. I have less than zero interest. They still draw lots of fans, but I have read that attendance is down something like 20-25% over the past decade or thereabouts.

The fact that they have their signature event right out of the gate seems goofy to me.

Wife watches almost every event on TV and would like to go to a race someday. I have less than zero interest. They still draw lots of fans, but I have read that attendance is down something like 20-25% over the past decade or thereabouts.

The fact that they have their signature event right out of the gate seems goofy to me.

If you've never been to a race I'd encourage you to go. I also had zero interest until I went to a few races. The one here in KY is usually 8:00pm on Saturday night, so it's a fun day of tailgating and adult beverages.

Haven't followed NASCAR for years. I do like Formula1, more interesting to me. Enjoy Indy also.

I hear you on Formula 1.

I am hoping a couple of other teams beyond Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull can break through this year.

I really, really tried to get into NASCAR but they have so many stupid things going on that I just can't do it.

I felt like I needed to go back to college just to understand some of the car stuff. I really enjoyed watching a race in person, however.

I try to stick to the racing and that works for me.

Grew up around forms of racing and enjoy NASCAR. Much better sport to see in person to gain a concept of space, speed, sound, etc. The track plays a huge role in the fan experience or quality of racing. Short tracks and "plate" racing creates constant competition. Daytona has spent a lot of money creating a unique stadium experience for fans in the stands and is the absolute best place to be in the garage /infield areas for the race. If you want a Kentucky Derby infield experience, take your RV to Talladega for a few days (especially if you are single and under 30). In the past 15 years, the sport has grown in its connection to football as walking through pit road will attest. Lots of ex-college football guys now working in over-the-wall roles in NASCAR.

What do you think of Kentucky Speedway for taking in a race?