Todd Haley Will Not Return to the Steelers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the defensive coordinator for the Steelers? Blake Bortles and the Jaguars did not seem to have much trouble at all with that defense. The Steelers pass defense has been crap for quite a while.

Keith Butler has been there since 2014....

2014: 15th

2015: 12th

2016: 21st

2017: 5th

I find it interesting that the vast majority of Steelers fans are throwing a party that Haley is gone, and yet have no qualms with the fact that Mike Tomlin is still employed.

1. Who has been more successful than Tomlin, outside of Belichick?

2. Who would you hire?

1. Who has been more successful than Tomlin, outside of Belichick?

2. Who would you hire?

1. He should be successful. They have the best RB in the league. They have the best WR in the league, they have a sure fire HOF QB, and have very little to show for it, especially lately.

2. First name to pop into my head is Tom Coughlin.

Look, Tomlin isn't a bad coach. He's not anything special either. He's long been known to make questionable decisions in game. He's been there 11 years. He's still getting a pass from Steelers fans for the SB win almost 10 years ago. It's just time to move on. His "us against them, tough guy" mantra just isn't cutting it anymore. His obsession with the Patriots in recent years has distracted the team as well IMO.

I find it interesting that the vast majority of Steelers fans are throwing a party that Haley is gone, and yet have no qualms with the fact that Mike Tomlin is still employed.

I think Haley is more gone not for his body of work but that he and Ben didn't get along. I think the DC, defensive backs Coach or LBs Coach should have been more in line to get the axe over the OC