Lamar Thomas won't return to UK next season

All State Baseball

Wide receivers coach Lamar Thomas won’t return to Kentucky next season, The Cats' Pause has learned. Thomas’ contract was set to expire in June.

Thomas was hired by Mark Stoops in February 2016. He spent two seasons as the wide receivers coach in Lexington after having spent two seasons as the wide receivers coach for Bobby Petrino at Louisville.

“I appreciate the contributions Lamar made to our program during the last two years,” Stoops said. “We wish him the best in the future.”

https://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Kentucky-football-Receivers-coach-Lamar-Thomas-wont-return-to-UK-next-season-113575621?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180111_175928_Kentucky%20Wildcats&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=74-AA-7E-16-9D-79-37-CB-DF-05-DF-3C-DC-BA-F0-42180111_175928KentuckyWildcats

Lamar Thomas gave Lamar Jackson a former coach tap during a sideline play vs UL.

Jordan Jones was completely in the wrong during that entire game and that incident. However, if I were Stoops and I saw one of my coaches do that to the opposing player in the middle of that, he'd have been dismissed immediately after the game. Regardless of blame, fault, etc, a coach has to have his players' back or he's useless IMO.

Jordan Jones was completely in the wrong during that entire game and that incident. However, if I were Stoops and I saw one of my coaches do that to the opposing player in the middle of that, he'd have been dismissed immediately after the game. Regardless of blame, fault, etc, a coach has to have his players' back or he's useless IMO.

I agree with you but Stoops is trying to get to 6 wins and beat UL. Also, Jones is still there and Thomas is gone, that’s all we need to know.

Lamar Thomas gave Lamar Jackson a former coach tap during a sideline play vs UL.

I didn't see that as a big deal at all, although many got very worked up. They're both from Miami, I'm sure Thomas was involved in recruiting Jackson, he coached him for at least a year. You can be friendly with opponents while still wanting to win badly. I doubt, after everything Thomas has said about Louisville while at Kentucky, that he was hoping for a Cardinals victory. The whole thing seemed like much ado about nothing.

I agree with you but Stoops is trying to get to 6 wins and beat UL. Also, Jones is still there and Thomas is gone, that’s all we need to know.

Yep, Jones still there. Kentucky should lead the nation in personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties next year.

I didn't see that as a big deal at all, although many got very worked up. They're both from Miami, I'm sure Thomas was involved in recruiting Jackson, he coached him for at least a year. You can be friendly with opponents while still wanting to win badly. I doubt, after everything Thomas has said about Louisville while at Kentucky, that he was hoping for a Cardinals victory. The whole thing seemed like much ado about nothing.

Exactly....a big nothing.

You can be a good sport and still have a burning desire to win a ballgame.

I like Lamar and hate to see him leave. I do not know the circumstances because I have been out of touch. I am curious to find out.

The players ran a National Championship coach from FSU, LT took less effort.