Is there basketball redistricting occurring today?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article about it by Josh Moore of the Herlad Leader and from what I gathered they are meeting about some schools changing classes in 2019 I think and Woodford County is likely going to the 8th Region to make room for the new school in Scott County that will be in the 11th Region and same district as Scott County. I haven’t seen, read or heard anything about basketball reclassification and I seriously doubt that it will ever happen.

I haven’t seen, read or heard anything about basketball reclassification and I seriously doubt that it will ever happen.

The last major overhaul came in 2005 with something like 53 of the 64 districts effected in some way. I don't expect anything drastic although there has been some adjusting with Woodford County and Scott County. If rural schools continue to consolidate and urban areas continue to build new schools there will have to be some type of large adjustment in the future, but I doubt that happens any time soon.

Wanting to move Woodford County to 8th region district 30 and put Great Crossing's and Scott County in the 41st with the 3 Frankfort schools. This would ultimately make a 6 team district with the addition of Frankfort Christian which will begin district play in 2019 as well. Also means Woodford would have to drive through Frankfort/Franklin County to get to 3 of their district games.

Wanting to move Woodford County to 8th region district 30 and put Great Crossing's and Scott County in the 41st with the 3 Frankfort schools. This would ultimately make a 6 team district with the addition of Frankfort Christian which will begin district play in 2019 as well. Also means Woodford would have to drive through Frankfort/Franklin County to get to 3 of their district games.

Great Crossings and Scott county apparently will not be in the same district.