BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Top 20 Discussion (1/8/18)

1. Trinity

2. Fern Creek

3. Scott County

4. Cooper

5. Covington Catholic

6. Bryan Station

7. Ballard

8. Lexington Catholic

9. Pulaski County

10. Knox Central

11. Corbin

12. Lafayette

13. Paducah Tilghman

14. Oldham County

15. Madison Central

16. Doss

17. John Hardin

18. Pleasure Ridge Park

19. Butler

20. Campbell County

Looks spot on, don't see a team there that doesn't belong, and I think the top 8 is exactly correct.

Personally I would slide Pulaski down a few spots, though, and will learn more about them next week when they play that PRP / GRC doubleheader.

I'm thinking Corbin might be a bit high. Unless you are factoring in the Bailey Rice addition. Speaking of Rice, I remember in middle school and early high school rankings his name was everywhere. I totally forgot about the kid. He is a difference maker though

Glad to see Paducah Tilghman in the top 20. If they can continue to improve, they'll make a run in March. Their defense still needs improving if they hope to do any real damage.

And if they can grind out a game. They are getting much better at that.

How bad are the injuries for John hardin???

No injuries, suspensions. Wright will return against Christian County this weekend (ejection). Witherspoon is still ongoing with a possible return of late Jan. I think JH is about where they need to be on this list even though they did beat PT who is ranked higher.

No injuries, suspensions. Wright will return against Christian County this weekend (ejection). Witherspoon is still ongoing with a possible return of late Jan. I think JH is about where they need to be on this list even though they did beat PT who is ranked higher.

Tilghman and John Hardin at the time of the game were mirror images on paper. Tilghman was also without a starter due to sickness for that tournament.

Both of them at full strength are pretty close I think. They both have enough to beat a lot of good teams and I can see both of them doing just that.

I don't know if they are top 20 just yet, but Owensboro is heading that direction for sure. If not for a couple of losses to Male & Eastern(very controversial) I think they would already belong. They are not only winning games, they are winning by healthy margins.