Covington Catholic 66 Conner 41

Cov Cath was the better team tonight. The Cougars had some moments but they were few and far between. The ball movement and defensive intensity was impressive for Cov Cath. When open CJ and Ruthsatz knocked them down from deep. Big Jake had a nice game but let his old school mates get to him at times. I thought I would see more (offense) from the younger Mayer but he performed his role of defense and rebounding well.

Conner is about 2-3 years away. Their freshman class should have about 7-8 kids who will be playing more varsity next year as sophomores which will only help them when this group becomes juniors and seniors. Osterbur will probably be starting next year as a sophomore, Skiles and Workman will continue to grow and will be a nice front court. Couzins, Saffell, and Ginn will fill roles and any of these young men are capable of scoring.

I noticed Ginn was limited tonite. Good D?

I don't think he saw that type of defense on him all year. He managed 4 shots. Cov Cath followed him and I thought CJ and Michael did a good job ensuring he didn't touch the ball in scoring position.

Was CovCath nice in this one? I would have thought this would have been a 40-point margin

I too thought this would be a bigger margin. Conner was scrappy and didn't roll over.

It was closer (within 13) until midway through the 3rd when CCH pulled away.

CCH did a good job getting 8 players quality minutes and 10 players got into the scoring column.

I'm hearing Cov Cath's AJ Mayer may well be sitting out for the rest of the hoops season in the interest of leaving his knee alone.

I can't blame him when he's looking at a college career in football rather than basketball.

He is contemplating it.