Covington Holy Cross 55 Holmes 52

What/who do you blame?

Really no one to blame. Enrollment has shrunk drastically over the years since I went there and kids have so many options and interest that it has reduced the talent level at the school.

Really no one to blame. Enrollment has shrunk drastically over the years since I went there and kids have so many options and interest that it has reduced the talent level at the school.

Someone with vision saw this coming years ago, when Holmes dropped from NKAC Division I to Division II. It appears to have come to fruition.

Holy Cross controlled the game for about three and half quarters, to Holmes credit, they never stopped playing hard, this team just struggles to score, Race hit some treys late, but for the most part Holmes was ice cold, give Holy Cross some credit on defense, but Holmes struggles to put the ball in the hole, huge free throws late by Jr Andrew Wahl, one and one, drains both with less than a minute to go. Not the usual Holmes,Holy Cross crowd in Latonia, remember the days when you had to line up about 5:30 to get a ticket. Best of luck to both teams.