Top 9th Region POY Candidates

Here are my Top 5 with scoring avg.

Kunkel-Cooper 22PPG

Fredrick-CovCath 21 PPG

Hall- NCC 24 PPG

Burries- Newport 22 PPG

Draud- Beechwood 22 PPG

All Seniors and 1 Freshman in Draud.

Did I miss someone? Who is your pick and why?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the Christmas break I was able to watch a lot of the top players in Kentucky. Adam Kunkel would be my choice as player of the year. The kid scores, handles, defends and rebounds at a very high level.

A lot of basketball to be played still but it’s nice to see someone valuing more than ppg. Not saying CJ doesn’t do these other things but these things win games too.

Here are my Top 5 with scoring avg.

Kunkel-Cooper 22PPG

Fredrick-CovCath 21 PPG

Hall- NCC 24 PPG

Burries- Newport 22 PPG

Draud- Beechwood 22 PPG

All Seniors and 1 Freshman in Draud.

Did I miss someone? Who is your pick and why?

First I would have to take Draud out of the mix, he is just not there yet. The other four are all deserving and as we all know there are a lot of hoops to be played. However if I had to pick one now it would be AK.

So if they switched you would vote CJ b/c he didn't have , supposedly, as much talent around him?

can't say for sure, he would have to be putting up the same numbers and helping his team win ay a high level. without the talent around him, would he put up the same numbers?

can't say for sure, he would have to be putting up the same numbers and helping his team win ay a high level. without the talent around him, would he put up the same numbers?

Fair question even though you're underestimating Cooper's talent.

Let me flip it around on you. If he had as much perceived talent as CovCath does would he put up as many shots and average as many points. Goes both ways.

Fair question even though you're underestimating Cooper's talent.

Let me flip it around on you. If he had as much perceived talent as CovCath does would he put up as many shots and average as many points. Goes both ways.

Just a question, does playing with Big Jake help or hurt CJ's game ?