Transfers - Why does it bother you?

TheDeuce

Transfers are always a hot topic on here, especially when certain teams get them. I'm curious to know from people who have an issue with transfers, what exactly is your issue?

I personally have no problems at all with a transfer, whether or not the family moves into a district. They should be able to attend school where they want as long as there is room.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issues with kids transferring to other schools or districts

Says the fan of a school on the brink of landing an All-State RB... :lol2:

No, I kid. I'm with you and Deuce on this one. Play where you want to play. Standardized testing is making a mockery of the "student" in student-athlete anyway. Let them pick where their developing minds go to be, in most cases, stunted.

Simply put, fix your school and parents won't transfer their children to other schools. In my area, there are three schools that routinely get student transfers more so then the other schools. Those three schools are the highest in the area in test scores, student achievement and the number of students that attend and graduate college. Coincidentally, those three schools do pretty well in sports as well. Schools that do well academically, normally do pretty well athletically.

I have no problem with transfers, in fact, I may even be guilty one day of transferring my kid if the set of circumstances calls for it.

I do have a major problem with illegal recruiting at the high school level and transfers that are non compliant.

I think that "illegal" transfers and "recruiting" do not happen nearly as much as people think.

I have no problem with transfers, in fact, I may even be guilty one day of transferring my kid if the set of circumstances calls for it.

I do have a major problem with illegal recruiting at the high school level and transfers that are non compliant.

I think that "illegal" transfers and "recruiting" do not happen nearly as much as people think.

Trinity senior Rondale Moore transferred in before his junior year but the transfer did not go through until the first or second game into the playoffs that year. I am told that while he was waiting he was an exemplary, honor roll student. This is a transfer success story.

Though noone asked for it, here is my .02 on transfers:

People get all up in arms because it is "sports" related. The way I see it is if a parent wants to give their child an opportunity for success, and they do it by the books (in terms of legitimate change of address, paying tuition, providing transportation), then I applaud them for that.

People don't bat an eye when someone chooses to send Sally to a private school or a school district where academics are superior. In my mind, there is little to no difference in this compared to trying to better a kids' circumstances whether by increasing the likelihood of an athletic scholarship, playing for a more organized athletic program, playing for a coach that best fits what they want their child to learn under, or being part of a winning culture with increased involvement from the community.

I think it is silly that simply because of mythical district lines that a parent should not have ultimate say on where their child should attend school if they are willing to play by the rules to send their child elsewhere.

Now with all that said, if someone is trying to "beat the system", whether on the parent side of things or the school/coaching side of things and are not following the rules, in that case I take issue.

While I am on the soapbox, I have NO issue with scholarships at the High School Level to less privileged families and students under the exact same guise... that the scholarships are fairly and accurately being handed out.

Only people who get butt hurt about transfers are the schools/ fans who never get transfers.

The people who accuse other schools of "recruiting" are the same people who would be the first to log on here and get excited if there was a thread about their school getting a new player that could help them.

GUARANTEED

Transfers are fine, just don't go around talking about how great your teams tradition is and how we just work harder than everyone else when the star RB or QB happens to be from some other district, city or county. When Pineville plays Lynn Camp it "Should" be with kids from those communities not an All Star Team picked from the surrounding areas.

High School Sports at it's core is one city versus another or one county versus another for bragging rights on the field or court. That is no longer what we have in Kentucky or in most states now...I'd be willing to bet there isn't a state champion in Kentucky that drew all of their players solely from their geographic district. I'm sure someone could show me the paper work proving each kid "lives" inside the geographic boundaries but the people that really know what's going on know that's not what's going on. At some point those kids went elsewhere and "legally transferred" into the district to play on a better sports team. And that is fine, just don't tell me how great your little 1A school is compared to everyone else when you are drawing players from a base the size of a 3A or 4A school.

Though noone asked for it, here is my .02 on transfers:

People get all up in arms because it is "sports" related. The way I see it is if a parent wants to give their child an opportunity for success, and they do it by the books (in terms of legitimate change of address, paying tuition, providing transportation), then I applaud them for that.

People don't bat an eye when someone chooses to send Sally to a private school or a school district where academics are superior. In my mind, there is little to no difference in this compared to trying to better a kids' circumstances whether by increasing the likelihood of an athletic scholarship, playing for a more organized athletic program, playing for a coach that best fits what they want their child to learn under, or being part of a winning culture with increased involvement from the community.

I think it is silly that simply because of mythical district lines that a parent should not have ultimate say on where their child should attend school if they are willing to play by the rules to send their child elsewhere.

Now with all that said, if someone is trying to "beat the system", whether on the parent side of things or the school/coaching side of things and are not following the rules, in that case I take issue.

While I am on the soapbox, I have NO issue with scholarships at the High School Level to less privileged families and students under the exact same guise... that the scholarships are fairly and accurately being handed out.

Agree 100%.

I don't necessarily mind transfers for legitimate reasons (new job, death in family, divorce, etc. etc.).

I do have a problem with the reasons behind some (most) (okay, pretty much all) transfers.

So if someone who as a kid that's a stud RB wants to move to Danville for the sole purpose of playing for the Ads, you have a problem with that?