Pentagon admits secret UFO investigations

theguru

WASHINGTON — In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.

The Defense Department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program, which it says it shut down in 2012. But its backers say that, while the Pentagon ended funding for the effort at that time, the program remains in existence. For the past five years, they say, officials with the program have continued to investigate episodes brought to them by service members, while also carrying out their other Defense Department duties.

Mr. Elizondo said the only thing that had ended was the effort’s government funding, which dried up in 2012. From then on, Mr. Elizondo said in an interview, he worked with officials from the Navy and the C.I.A. He continued to work out of his Pentagon office until this past October, when he resigned to protest what he characterized as excessive secrecy and internal opposition.

“Why aren’t we spending more time and effort on this issue?” Mr. Elizondo wrote in a resignation letter to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis

The shadowy program — parts of it remain classified — began in 2007, and initially it was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time and who has long had an interest in space phenomena.

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program - The New York Times

The Pentagon has confirmed the existence of a $22 million program to investigate UFOs and has released video of an encounter from a US Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet present at the 2004 Nimitz incident off the coast of San Diego.

Here is another link on it:

Nick Pope, who used to run the British government’s UFO project, said: “The take-home message here is that there’s probably something out there, but we don’t know what it is. It’s an extraordinary revelation, not least because it directly contradicts the many specific denials that the US government has issued previously when asked about this subject, and their involvement in it.

“It precisely reflects my own experience of this intriguing but frustrating subject with the British government. Like our US colleagues, we too denied – even to parliament – that we were undertaking secret studies into the UFO phenomenon and consistently downplayed the true extent of our interest and activity at the Ministry of Defence.”

Pentagon admits running secret UFO investigation for five years | World news | The Guardian

FWIW the Pentagon spends more on leasing storage containers than they do on this each year.

The quoted numbers don't mean anything.

In my opinion the Pentagon/Government is spending billions of dollars researching and reverse engineering the technology.

I wanted to post it yesterday but I didn't get around to it.

The timing is interesting.

I research historical facts each week for that date in history and pick a couple of interesting ones to cover with my Sunday School Class...saw that yesterday and immediately thought of you. :lol2:

The quoted numbers don't mean anything.

In my opinion the Pentagon/Government is spending billions of dollars researching and reverse engineering the technology.

I agree that there is no amount they wouldn't spend to reverse engineer it...but that money doesn't come out of the Pentagon, it's coming from DARPA or more likely some group of initials that we've never even heard of.

I agree that there is no amount they wouldn't spend to reverse engineer it...but that money doesn't come out of the Pentagon, it's coming from DARPA or more likely some group of initials that we've never even heard of.

It doesn't matter where the money is coming from, it is coming. Just like the guy in charge said, they cut our funding and I just started working with different agencies.

Honest Abe is probably rolling over in his grave because our government of the people, by the people, for the people, is keeping BIG BIG SECRETS from the people.

Here is another link on it:

Nick Pope, who used to run the British government’s UFO project, said: “The take-home message here is that there’s probably something out there, but we don’t know what it is. It’s an extraordinary revelation, not least because it directly contradicts the many specific denials that the US government has issued previously when asked about this subject, and their involvement in it.

“It precisely reflects my own experience of this intriguing but frustrating subject with the British government. Like our US colleagues, we too denied – even to parliament – that we were undertaking secret studies into the UFO phenomenon and consistently downplayed the true extent of our interest and activity at the Ministry of Defence.”

Pentagon admits running secret UFO investigation for five years | World news | The Guardian

Yes this is me quoting me but I want to be sure everyone knows who Nick Pope is doing the talking in this article. Nick Pope used to run the British Government's UFO Project and is the world's leading expert on UFOs, the unexplained and conspiracy theories.

Ask yourself, why would Nick Pope dedicate his life to UFO Disclosure?

The Pilot from this incident speaks out:

"I can tell you, I think it was not from this world," Fravor told ABC News. "I'm not crazy, haven't been drinking. It was — after 18 years of flying, I've seen pretty much about everything that I can see in that realm, and this was nothing close."

"I have never seen anything in my life, in my history of flying that has the performance, the acceleration — keep in mind this thing had no wings," Fravor said.

“We look down, we see a white disturbance in the water, like something's under the surface, and the waves are breaking over, but we see next to it, and it's flying around, and it's this little white Tic Tac, and it's moving around — left, right, forward, back, just random," he said.

Another plane that launched from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz around the same time had its radar jammed and was able to pick up the object on an infrared channel.

"No aircraft that we know of can fly at those speeds, maneuver like that and looks like that," ABC News contributor and former Marine Col. Stephen Ganyard said.

Navy pilot recalls encounter with UFO: 'I think it was not from this world' - ABC News