Open Job: Russellville

A little surprised at the lack of positive response and nearly apathetic response for Coach Meyers. In 13 years he had one losing record; his first year after they'd had, at least, four straight losing season under long time Coach Bob Nelson. Meyers had a 6-6 in 2011 and every other season was a winning season. Russellville has compiled a 118-57 record under this man. That's impressive in this state. Just taking a cursory look at other schools records in the same period...Only Beechwood, Belfry, Bell County, Bowling Green, Boyle County, Danville, Highlands, Mayfield, Russell, Scott County, St. X and Trinity stand out with winning percentages above his tenure. There are a few others that are very close; but that's pretty good company. Congrats on a FANTASTIC run, Coach Meyers.

A little surprised at the lack of positive response and nearly apathetic response for Coach Meyers. In 13 years he had one losing record; his first year after they'd had, at least, four straight losing season under long time Coach Bob Nelson. Meyers had a 6-6 in 2011 and every other season was a winning season. Russellville has compiled a 118-57 record under this man. That's impressive in this state. Just taking a cursory look at other schools records in the same period...Only Beechwood, Belfry, Bell County, Bowling Green, Boyle County, Danville, Highlands, Mayfield, Russell, Scott County, St. X and Trinity stand out with winning percentages above his tenure. There are a few others that are very close; but that's pretty good company. Congrats on a FANTASTIC run, Coach Meyers.

Here are at LEAST five other programs above the .680 winning percentage since 2005:

LAST 13 SEASONS (2005-2017):

Johnson Central: 138-31

John Hardin: 136-38

Male: 128-41

DeSales: 128-56

Lexington Catholic: 127-51

(I'm sure I missed some others)

No question about John Meyer’s positive results at Russellville. He was a coach that I said his school should do whatever is needed to keep him.

The circumstances precluded that. His wife teaches in Glasgow and his children attend school in Glasgow. Coach Meyers took the talent at Russellville and won. The Tilghman - Russellville Region 1 Championship was one of the best ever played at Rhea Stadium.

I think the somewhat muted response is due to the fact that this strictly was a family related decision and everyone near the situation knows the coach made the right decision.