Kentucky 93 Virginia Tech 86

16thBBall Fan

Very good win. I am still not very big on Washington, and think they would be better with Knox at the 4 once they are healthy. I think he could be a little smaller version of Towns. Knox to me seems like he would be our best true post offensive scorer and could cause some people problems down there with that. But then still be able to stretch the defense out when he needs to.

This was a very good win by an all freshman team. If Vanderbilt and Baker can come back. This team could be dangerous come March.

I’ve read on Twitter where the thinking is that Vanderbilt will be back for the Georgia game at the end of the month. Not sure about Baker’s status though.

This one was a good win for these kids bc they beat a pretty good team in VT. I was impressed with the Cats shooting 50 % on 3 pointers. I liked how they played in the press as well. Four players in double figures, led by Knox w/ 21pts. and Diallo's 20. We / U.K. outrebounded VT with who I call the "blue collar, grunt work" guy ...W. Gabriel leading the way w/ 9 boards.

IMO the most promising thing about this young team is that for the most part, they keep improving each time out :thumb:. Unlike a couple of other teams, these kids seem to be listening to Cal, wanting to improve and are playing hard. Only good things can come with that.

Another week of "camp Cal" with a strong test next weekend vs. UCLA. ....I like how things are going so far.

Link to box score / stats .....

University of Kentucky | Official Athletic Site