Trammell, Morris Elected to Hall of Fame By Veterans Committee

I struggle with both these guys. Both really nice players. Morris was famously tough, and a workhorse. I wouldn't consider either one of the top players of their era. I'm not against having these guys in, but I think they are borderline at best.

I saw this post yesterday and wanted to get on here and complain about Trammell being selected by the committee and not Dave "My Hero" Concepcion. I got online last night and look up the career statistics of both and unfortunately Trammell had the better career. He deserves to be in the Hall, but so does my boy Dave Concepcion!

Trammel was going to get in as soon as Larkin got in. Their careers were pretty similar offensively speaking.

Morris led the AL in wins for the 80s. IF you lead the league for a 10 year total in any major category, you should get into the Hall of Fame. A decade is a VERY long time to be the number 1 guy at the end of it.

Trammel was going to get in as soon as Larkin got in. Their careers were pretty similar offensively speaking.

Morris led the AL in wins for the 80s. IF you lead the league for a 10 year total in any major category, you should get into the Hall of Fame. A decade is a VERY long time to be the number 1 guy at the end of it.

Was he really the #1 guy in the 80s, or did he simply lead in wins? They aren't the same thing.

Was he really the #1 guy in the 80s, or did he simply lead in wins? They aren't the same thing.

While wins aren't a great stat for measuring a pitcher's worth and can be almost useless now. I would argue that they were a much better measure of how a pitcher performed back in the 80's.

Starting pitchers went deeper into games and their performance had more of an impact on three team result than it does now. I know that so much depends on other factors but I think leading the league in wins back then is more impressive than it is now. That said I don't think I'd have voted for Morris. I would have for Trammell.