Mercer County 65 Sacred Heart 63

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a really great game. Unfortunately for SHA, had they continued playing the way they did to build the lead they had (15 at one time?) they would have easily cruised to a win. Guess that sounds like I am dogging Coach Moir but I'm not at all. That was a HUGE game of momentum swings. SHA appeared to have been on track to win by 20+ easily. However, they took the air out of the ball in the 4th qtr and that seemed to take the air out of their game.

At the end of the day, none of this matters. Both teams have REALLY nice players and REALLY nice coaches and it is WAY early in the season.

Kudo's to Kentucky Premier for arranging the venue!

That one ref was shook up the whole night. Once Souder got in his head it was over for SHA the rest of the night. The end of the game he missed a traveling call, then called a foul on SHA with 1.8 seconds to play, I say let the players play it out. The other two refs was great!!!

The foul that was called late in the game isn't something seen often. However, the kid that had the ball was being swamped by 2 kids and one of them attempted to tie up the ball and get a jump ball maybe? However, the game was tied at that time. Why in the world would you try and REACH IN and do that then when there is only 3 seconds or so left? Only thing I can think of is the kid that reached in did not realize

it was tied at the time and maybe thought SHA was down 1? Otherwise the wise play was to let it go and play for OT. Way easy to make these calls in the rear view mirror!

PTB, agreed completely. Trust me, the Mercer coaches/team/fans would have loved for nothing more than OT. I did happen to see a picture of the kid that got fouled and it was a foul -- 2 SHA kids holding either arm. That really isn't the point though. How many times do we ever see a ref at any level actually make that call? Was it a foul? Absolutely. Should it have been called at that time in the game? Think just about everybody on either side would have been okay had he let that call pass. On the other hand, the Mercer kid still had to make the FT's.

These 2 teams could meet again multiple times before the season ends!!

PTB, agreed completely. Trust me, the Mercer coaches/team/fans would have loved for nothing more than OT. I did happen to see a picture of the kid that got fouled and it was a foul -- 2 SHA kids holding either arm. That really isn't the point though. How many times do we ever see a ref at any level actually make that call? Was it a foul? Absolutely. Should it have been called at that time in the game? Think just about everybody on either side would have been okay had he let that call pass. On the other hand, the Mercer kid still had to make the FT's.

These 2 teams could meet again multiple times before the season ends!!

Unequivocally disagree with you! You can stop the play on Prepspin and see that her hands were on the ball, let alone make the call as an official in that moment.

Bottom line you don’t make that play as a player or make the call in that situation as an official.

In the end I hope these two teams meet for the state Championship because both programs have great programs, players, and coaches!

If it was foul then a foul should be called. By not calling a foul the refs decide a game. It bothers me when people say to let the kids decide the game. If they foul then they decided the Game.

I’m not saying that is what happened here I haven’t watched the game. I’m talking about in general.

I️ saw the picture as well and # 12 def had both hands on her arm. My point is not whether or not ref did or did not call the foul but why did SH go after her so aggressively! I️ watched the video and they really went after her. With 1.8 sec she would had to have made a 70ft shot. Also SH missed 2 of 4 free throws down the stretch and Mercer hit their last 6 in a row. Usually depends on which end of scoreboard you are on whether you want ref to make that call or not! If everyone is honest you have been on both sides of that! Great HS game with a March feel! Both teams played really hard!

If it was foul then a foul should be called. By not calling a foul the refs decide a game. It bothers me when people say to let the kids decide the game. If they foul then they decided the Game.

I’m not saying that is what happened here I haven’t watched the game. I’m talking about in general.

Then watch the end of the game on Prepspin and then say your peace or watch the whole game and have a better perspective.