Trinity 76 Fern Creek 67

David Johnson got two fouls in first 1:16 of the game. Trinity was sluggish and committed a lot of turnovers in first half. Fern Creek led by 10 at half. Second half was a different ballgame, with Trinity outscoring Fern Creek 50-31. Both of these teams deserve to be in the top five. They could meet again in the King of the Bluegrass or the LIT. I hope it happens in both.

The Rocks must have done the same thing they did last night against Seneca by playing a poor first half. Johnson did not have a good game last night. How did he do tonight-----with the 2 quick fouls? One thing I thought T did well last night was shoot the 3. Conversely, I thought they did not do a good job of working the ball inside, although their M.O. this year might to play from outside. How did Scrubb do? He's quite explosive with real good hops.

Jay Scrubb was the real deal tonight with 24 and superb free throw shooting along with hitting multiple 3's. WKU assistant in the gym was very impressed. As mentioned, tale of two halves. David Johnson sat quite a bit of the 1st half with foul trouble and Fern Creek took advantage for a 10 point lead at the break. Trinity came out strong after the break and closed the gap to a tie game entering the 4th.

Fern Creek had the same problem with Ahmad Price getting in foul trouble in the 2nd half and he fouled out with 5 minutes to go. The big difference was Trinity won the rebounding battle and points at the charity stripe. Fern Creek was 3 for 9 and Trinity made 18 on 19 from the line. That was the difference and losing Price in the last quarter. He had 19 before fouling out and Anthony Wales led Fern Creek in scoring with 22.

Trinity was led by Scrubb with his 24 and David johnson finished with 16. Those are media totals and not officials. No doubt these two teams are the frontrunners from the 6th and 7th regions respectively and will likely meet again as they both will be in the KOB and LIT in January.

Too bad Rondale Moore elected not to play basketball after he entered Trinity high school. He is an outstanding basketball player, and was a member of the state champion team at New Albany high school. The Trinity basketball team, sure could use him to good result.

Too bad Rondale Moore elected not to play basketball after he entered Trinity high school. He is an outstanding basketball player, and was a member of the state champion team at New Albany high school. The Trinity basketball team, sure could use him to good result.

I could see that may help. They have length at the PG spot in Johnson and Powell, but they do not have much depth with a quick smaller guard. In the first half with Johnson out of the game due to foul trouble the Fern Creek press caused a lot of turnovers.

Someone asked about video of the foul that sent Price to the bench and caused a T on the coach...I can only describe it as a foul that you hate to see a kid sent to the bench on. He was playing tight defense moving his feet as you teach kids as David Johnson was trying to penetrate. David has a tendency to initiate contact with his off arm when dribbling and had an offensive call on the same play in the first half. This time when there was contact they called it the other way. I would have let it be a no call but it is a judgement on whom initiated the contact and the ref called it on Price this time. It was pretty solid D and I hate kids penalized for playing aggressive defense while moving their feet as they are taught.

If hand checking is a foul, then the 5th foul on Price was definitely a foul. I feel he was lucky not to have the 1st one called on him as well. You can't ride a guy down the court bumping him when he is dribbling. That is not great guarding position and more times than not you will get called it.

Jay is the most underrated underrecruited player in the state. Complete stud!

I don't know if Jay is underrated...most list him as the 3rd best player in the state....as for the recruitment piece, recruiting encompasses alot of things. Jay is and has always been a phenomenal player.....i've always thought he was one of the best in the state

If hand checking is a foul, then the 5th foul on Price was definitely a foul. I feel he was lucky not to have the 1st one called on him as well. You can't ride a guy down the court bumping him when he is dribbling. That is not great guarding position and more times than not you will get called it.

It is a judgement call and for those that like an aggressive man to man style of defense it would not be characterized as riding a guy. The defense is entitled to their position and being up on the ball handler in an aggressive fashion is how you draw an offensive foul like Price did in the first half. Ball handlers hate it because it makes them uncomfortable and they tend to hurry their dribble and use their off hand to create space. It becomes a judgement call when the ref blows the whistle on the person who initiates the contact. The defender has a right to their space too so it becomes a judgement call. This time one went to the defender in the first half and the offense in the 2nd. Very similar plays that can go either way. I did not think either call was a "bad" call, but the FC coach just was backing his guy.