JCPS Girls Basketball - Lack of Balance

As an onlooker, could someone please tell me why JCPS would allow 4 schools to beat the brakes off of every other school in the district on a yearly basis.

These scores a flat out joke. 83-2 , 97-7, 73-5, etc.

Butler, Eastern, Male, and Manual should be in their own league. There is no other schools in all of the other JCPS schools, that can even have a competitive game with them. Those four schools could beat NAIA schools and small D2 schools, while many of their competitors could not even beat elementary travel ball teams.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm partially going on what a Jefferson public school coach once told me at the KHSAA state basketball tournament. He said the middle school basketball games in the county were scouted by high school coaches and others with clipboards about similar to college coaches scouting high school prospects for that level.

I've said for years that Jefferson County's open enrollment policy gives an unfair advantage in athletics to some of the schools. When you have a county with population of 800,000 and students are permitted to enroll wherever they desire as freshmen it leads to hoarding up some of the county's best onto just a few teams. The high schools know who the talented middle school kids are because of summer AAU and other programs and if they load up with the best of the best it's going to be lights out for the rest of the county's teams other than the private schools.

Maybe the benefit of a 6 class system similar to boys football. While not a perfect system it does help the schools with far less enrollment numbers be measured against similar sized schools instead of facing giants to get to the Post Season in my opinion it is a far better alternative to our current system.

Maybe the benefit of a 6 class system similar to boys football. While not a perfect system it does help the schools with far less enrollment numbers be measured against similar sized schools instead of facing giants to get to the Post Season in my opinion it is a far better alternative to our current system.

Hush, be quiet. You might make some sense. And Lord knows classification in basketball is evil.

Did you see the scores in the Kentucky football playoffs this year? Even in the final four and championship games?

That tells me the system is to diluted and you need restrict it. Not everyone is a winner and nor should everyone qualify for the playoff

Back to original topic. You need to fix the issue and stop bandaids. The real question for me is the JCPS is one entity, so why do some schools focus on bringing these kids in house while others seem to not care? I think the superintendent or powers that Be need to ask themselves that question, find the answer and address it

Bottom line... JCPS does not care about Title IX sports... additional revenue but not a priority. Each school administration can determine the 'rules' to attract student athletes. Those schools are making it a priority. With the new interim super, he understands but not a priority -- ensuring education rates improve is. JMO