First Kacey Catnazaro and now Rousey....WWE is getting after it with the ladies.

When I started watching WWE again just a few years ago the women were definitely an afterthought at best but now the WWE is using nearly 20 Divas and most of them are a part of active (but still subpar) story lines.

What I also like about the direction of the women is they seem to be phasing out the ones that can't wrestle in favor of young talent.

When I started watching WWE again just a few years ago the women were definitely an afterthought at best but now the WWE is using nearly 20 Divas and most of them are a part of active (but still subpar) story lines.

What I also like about the direction of the women is they seem to be phasing out the ones that can't wrestle in favor of young talent.

Divas is no longer acceptable to describe these Superstars.

From 'Divas' To 'Superstars': WWE Embraces Women's Sports Revolution : The Two-Way : NPR

No doubt. It seems in the beginning they were simply going after women with good looks and giving them a few wrestling lessons and that was their "women's division".

More recently they've seemed to shift into going after women with a skill set and that are world-class athletes as well. I think it's definitely going to make the product that much better.

Divas is no longer acceptable to describe these Superstars.

From 'Divas' To 'Superstars': WWE Embraces Women's Sports Revolution : The Two-Way : NPR

They will always be Divas to me, it is a term of endearment.

Additionally, this is the kind of hypocrisy that turns me off, if the WWE was so serious about the "name change" we wouldn't be in Season 7 of "Total Divas."

No doubt. It seems in the beginning they were simply going after women with good looks and giving them a few wrestling lessons and that was their "women's division".

More recently they've seemed to shift into going after women with a skill set and that are world-class athletes as well. I think it's definitely going to make the product that much better.

Yep, looks like the WWE opted for the same formula with the Divas and 205 Live.

They will always be Divas to me, it is a term of endearment.

Additionally, this is the kind of hypocrisy that turns me off, if the WWE was so serious about the "name change" we wouldn't be in Season 7 of "Total Divas."

Their fashion doll line does not use the term Diva's yet I watched the Diva show last night LOL