Courtney Love wins Wuerffel Trophy

4chs

Have to admit that when first seeing the thread title it puzzled me how Kurt Cobain's widow would have any connection to college football, Kentucky football much less winning such an award. :idunno:

I was in the same boat with you.

It still amazes people when I tell them the story of when I met Courtney Love. I resisted the urge to throw my camera in her face, and she turned out to be a very nice conversation. She didn't seem altered in any way, and looked quite hot. It was at SXSW festival in Austin around 2000.

It still amazes people when I tell them the story of when I met Courtney Love. I resisted the urge to throw my camera in her face, and she turned out to be a very nice conversation. She didn't seem altered in any way, and looked quite hot. It was at SXSW festival in Austin around 2000.

Chick has always puzzled me... no doubt she came across and hard boiled and maybe even a bit psychotic when we first became aware of who she was. I loved to hate her, and hated that I loved her.

Saw her at Lallapalooza, and not a soul could take their eyes off of her as she no doubt was entertaining, and put on one of the more memorable shows that I recall ever seeing. No matter what she can't be ignored.

Then recently I discovered that she's been doing projects with University of Cincinnati CCM grad and playwright/performer Todd Almond, which is hard not to garner respect from me considering my respect for him.

By lucky chance I sat directly next to him last month at the premiere of his new play "The Earth Is Flat", and spent most of my time blabbing about him doing Hedwig and our mutual love of Matthew Sweet (Todd wrote a play using the music of Sweet's Girlfriend album calling it "Girlfriend"), but I really wanted to say "How in the world did you end up working with Courtney Love and what was she like"?, but I thought that I would be overstepping my boundaries to dig to deep regarding her personality and his take on her...really none of my business I concluded before embarrassing myself anymore than the gushing that I was already serving him.

Anyhow my best guess would be her uniqueness being the draw as he'd be hard pressed to replace her if looking for such out-of-the-box possibly avant guade vocals such as hers in a performing arts setting.