Floyd Central 60 Leslie County 59

Floyd Central is now 4-0.

I have a question. Why do these new consolidated schools nearly always go with “Central” in their name? Then they put Central on the front of their jersey, same as what seems like a hundred other “Central’s throughout the state. Not Floyd Central on the jersey. Only “Central”.

What would have been wrong with simply calling the new school Floyd County High School?

At least Harlan County finally got it right.

I think it was to pay tribute to the two schools being combined Floyd Co and Allen Central this Floyd Central it was.

I agree totally that the jersey should not just have central on them.

I’m also the guy that doesn’t like shortened mascot names on the home unis. If they are the jaguars then why put jags on the jersey:idunno:

Clark Co does the same thing with calling the Cardinals the Cards :no:

Floyd Central is now 4-0.

I have a question. Why do these new consolidated schools nearly always go with “Central” in their name? Then they put Central on the front of their jersey, same as what seems like a hundred other “Central’s throughout the state. Not Floyd Central on the jersey. Only “Central”.

What would have been wrong with simply calling the new school Floyd County High School?

At least Harlan County finally got it right.

Don't get me started with this topic, I HATE the word Central.

Don't get me started with this topic, I HATE the word Central.

Isn’t there really only one true Central High School in the state and that school resides in Louisville? They can truly put Central on the name of their uniforms because it’s the actual name of the school.

South Floyd+ Allen Central= Floyd Central.

Then why not name it Floyd Consolidated??? That’s really all the term Central means anyway.

The way I see it is:

South Floyd +Allen Central = Floyd County High School

No need for the Central. Everyone already knows it’s a consolation into a central system. Once all the schools are combined they’re simply a single county school. Harlan County (consisting of a consolidation of Cawood, Cumberland, and Evarts) decided to go with the name Harlan County instead of Harlan Central. Good for them. There’s already a zillion Central’s.