Happy Jolly Ole St. Nick Day

Bert

Thanks, I was going to post a thread on this today. How many folks celebrate this day?

I pitched a promotion to Meijers (based out of Grand Rapids, MI.) and they looked at me as if I had 3 heads. Never heard of it. Regional thing I guess.

I had nonpareils in my stocking.

Thanks, I was going to post a thread on this today. How many folks celebrate this day?

I pitched a promotion to Meijers (based out of Grand Rapids, MI.) and they looked at me as if I had 3 heads. Never heard of it. Regional thing I guess.

I had nonpareils in my stocking.

As a kid other than sorta understanding St Nick and Santa to be one in the same, I pretty much never did fully grasp why the dude made this world trip when he was going to do it again, and more extensively later in the month, but since it meant finding chocolate bars on the doorstep on the morning of who was I to question it too deeply as I just figured it to somehow be a little teaser to wet my appetite for the full blown Christmas that was to come.

I did not know that St. Nick was such a tough dude. When we were kids we would put our shoes out by the fireplace on Dec. 5 in anticipation of St. Nick coming by. We also had stockings for Christmas but St. Nick was the shoes. His presents were IMO not that great but then again I don't believe he had any elves helping him......plus, he might have been banged up from brawling. All in all though, a nice component to the Christmas season.