Open Job: Tates Creek

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big loss for TC. Coach Sims was a great fit for the job and was able to affect lives in a positive way and turn the program around. He did so much for so many behind the scenes and always put the well being of the person before football. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

The administration has a tough job ahead. The program has momentum and is a great opportunity for the right Coach. Hire the right coach and they continue trending up, hire the wrong one and it will go south in a hurry.

TC is lucky to have a strong candidate in-house. The DC, Jon Smith is a long time assistant that has been a DC at multiple stops and would be a great fit (imo). When he was in the SCKY neck of the woods, we led Warren East in their 2005-2007 years when they went to the Final Four in 4A. I hope they give Coach Smith a shot!

• 4 weeks later...

Have heard the rumors of Tates Creek interviewing a few candidates that Dunbar did not interview. Will be interesting to see who the Commodores hire. This is arguably the second best public school position in Lexington right now behind Frederick Douglass.

Have heard the rumors of Tates Creek interviewing a few candidates that Dunbar did not interview. Will be interesting to see who the Commodores hire. This is arguably the second best public school position in Lexington right now behind Frederick Douglass.

Are you saying that Tates Creek had people apply who didn't apply for the Dunbar job, or are you saying Dunbar declined to interview certain applicants that Tates Creek is going ahead and interviewing?

Are you saying that Tates Creek had people apply who didn't apply for the Dunbar job, or are you saying Dunbar declined to interview certain applicants that Tates Creek is going ahead and interviewing?

Rumors have it that Dunbar declined to interview certain applicants that Tates Creek has or is going to interview.

The later, 2 of them current head coaches that Dunbar would hit the lottery if they hired, but they didnt so.

Anything....anyone? Speculation, rumor? It has been a month and I haven't heard a thing.

I think they are still taking applications till end of next week. Ive heard two names they are set to interview, im sure they will interview more than 2, just heard those 2 names. Lots of interest from what I hear.

I think they are still taking applications till end of next week. Ive heard two names they are set to interview, im sure they will interview more than 2, just heard those 2 names. Lots of interest from what I hear.

Can you share the two names?

Few names I've heard -

Ethan Atchley - Head Coach at Lexington Christian Academy

Nathan McPeek - Offensive Coordinator at Frederick Douglass

Oliver Lucas - Head Coach at George Rogers Clark

Few names who are in a good position to apply -

Jon Clark - Head Coach at Madison Southern

John Hines - Head Coach at Pulaski County

Matthew Jones - Head Coach at KY Country Day

Stephon Lefors - Head Coach at the Christian Academy of Louisville

Tates Creek could be a really nice job for the right person.