Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Looks like they are coming to Cincy on December 21st. Cheapest tickets I can find, without looking really hard are about $60, so I assume the nosebleeds of USBank. Wife has always wanted to see them, while I've had zero desire to go, especially when I can probably vend the UC Basketball game that evening.

So, whose seen them? They worth it? I'd rather spend that money on a UK game.

I haven't personally seen them but I've been told that their show is fantastic.

Just a quick story...a few years ago I took my son to Chicago to watch UK play UCLA. That was for him and I decided to take my daughter to the Joffrey Ballet to watch The Nutcracker with the Chicago Philharmonic. Obviously, I'm thinking...this is going to be a miserable two hours but I love my daughter and it's a huge deal to her so I'm going to get through it. When I got in that theater and the actual Chicago Philharmonic fired up their instruments, I swear I've never heard anything more beautiful in all my life. At times, I was overcome by emotion, even had tears in my eyes a few times. Not because I was sad, just because the music was so powerful that it made me emotional and I couldn't control it. So what I'm saying is: don't judge a book by its cover. It's good to check out new things here and there. Never know what you might stumble into.

I haven't personally seen them but I've been told that their show is fantastic.

Just a quick story...a few years ago I took my son to Chicago to watch UK play UCLA. That was for him and I decided to take my daughter to the Joffrey Ballet to watch The Nutcracker with the Chicago Philharmonic. Obviously, I'm thinking...this is going to be a miserable two hours but I love my daughter and it's a huge deal to her so I'm going to get through it. When I got in that theater and the actual Chicago Philharmonic fired up their instruments, I swear I've never heard anything more beautiful in all my life. At times, I was overcome by emotion, even had tears in my eyes a few times. Not because I was sad, just because the music was so powerful that it made me emotional and I couldn't control it. So what I'm saying is: don't judge a book by its cover. It's good to check out new things here and there. Never know what you might stumble into.

I can't like this post enough.

My story is similar. As a kid, our family attended Broadway shows performed by off-Broadway casts. Sometimes we say people on their way up (Liza Minelli comes to mind). Sometimes we saw people on their way down (Howard Keel, John Raitt, Van Johnson). I enjoyed them.

Fast-forward a few years to about age 21. We had tickets to see the New York Ballet perform the Nutcracker. My thinking was similar to yours - I'll sit through it but I ain't expecting much.

I was blown away - the music and the dancing. Spectacular stuff.

Fast forward many decades later, and I can honestly say that most of the best performances I have seen are Broadway shows and the like. Do you and yours and give this genre a chance. Les Mis and Wicked are powerful shows. I've seen several versions of The Nutcracker and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

I can't like this post enough.

My story is similar. As a kid, our family attended Broadway shows performed by off-Broadway casts. Sometimes we say people on their way up (Liza Minelli comes to mind). Sometimes we saw people on their way down (Howard Keel, John Raitt, Van Johnson). I enjoyed them.

Fast-forward a few years to about age 21. We had tickets to see the New York Ballet perform the Nutcracker. My thinking was similar to yours - I'll sit through it but I ain't expecting much.

I was blown away - the music and the dancing. Spectacular stuff.

Fast forward many decades later, and I can honestly say that most of the best performances I have seen are Broadway shows and the like. Do you and yours and give this genre a chance. Les Mis and Wicked are powerful shows. I've seen several versions of The Nutcracker and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

I was absolutely blown away. There's nothing like that feeling of being completely overtaken by emotion. Heck, I may ask my kids if they want to go back soon :lol2:

I saw them 3 years ago. Music is awesome but not sure some or all of it is played live. If you like light shows, you’ll really love it. If you don’t, bring shades.

First half was a story kind of with some of music being similar to what you hear on radio and some being slower or solos by very talented singers.

2nd half was more of a rock show.