Heisman Finalists

GrantNKY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Lamar!!!!!! So excited and proud of Louisville’s super star!

Heisman Trophy - Jackson, Love, Mayfield named 217 Heisman Trophy finalists

That is a heck of an achievement especially in light of all the local, regional and national naysayers. One thing I like about him is that I never saw him pout, whine, display bad body language, complain, gripe, point the finger or moan when things went bad (sometimes terribly) for UL. UL has been fortunate to have had him and Teddy Bridgewater.

"Has not one of the poets said that a noble friend is the best gift, and a noble enemy the next best?" --C. S. Lewis, the Chronicles Of Narnia.

Lamar Jackson has been a thorn in UK's side, and a joy to watch.

I still say the correct measure to picking the correct winner is a simple question.

If Mayfield were the QB for Louisville this season would the Cards be close to being 3rd in the nation in total offense after losing so much on the offense from last season?

Voting is likely done. But best overall player in football in 2017? It's Lamar Jackson by a bunch.

As an Ohio State fan I am supposed to hate Baker Mayfield, but I just can't. I love watching the guy play. He's the best player in college football and should recieve every single 1st place vote. Not only should he win the Heisman, he should be the first QB taken in the draft.

Glad that people finally quit overlooking Lamar Jackson.

I don't think Lamar has been overlooked at all this season, it is just the reality of the award. As I said in our preseason Heisman discussion, Lamar joins a list of Heisman winners that have returned, had just as good follow-up seasons, but it does not carry the same cache. Again, there is a reason this award has gone to the same person once.

As an Ohio State fan I am supposed to hate Baker Mayfield, but I just can't. I love watching the guy play. He's the best player in college football and should recieve every single 1st place vote. Not only should he win the Heisman, he should be the first QB taken in the draft.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

What's so funny?

Just your normal rhetoric over the past two seasons. If you can watch both of them play and say Mayfield is better (we are not talking about their teams), there is no point in debating you. Which is why I don’t.

You’ve only got a few days left. Get it all in while you can. :lol:

Just your normal rhetoric over the past two seasons. If you can watch both of them play and say Mayfield is better (we are not talking about their teams), there is no point in debating you. Which is why I don’t.

You’ve only got a few days left. Get it all in while you can. :lol:

And you're not biased in the slightest? Ok. Mayfield is a better football player than your boy.