St. X State of the Program

bruin66

As the completion of Year 5 of the Wolford era has concluded, some questions:

1) Is the program better, worse, or about the same as he found it?

2) Are the systems in place offensively, defensively, and with the overall program to give them the best chance to compete with Trinity moving forward?

3)What should the expectations of the program be moving forward?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Runner up in the state of Kentucky. They are probably doing alright aren't they?

You would think that a program as storied as St.X would not be content with a runner up and a 1-7 record against T since coaching change (which was presumably due to the recent results against T).

Good year this year. The kids that are going to be seniors and juniors went undefeated as JV and Frosh so next year should be very good. I would like to see improvement in pass defense. Give too big cushions and receivers wide open sometimes.

Has the defensive staff changed since Wolford took over? I know X used to have really tough pass D before. For crying out loud Brian Brohm didn't throw a single TD pass against the X varsity until his senior year in 2003.

Has the defensive staff changed since Wolford took over? I know X used to have really tough pass D before. For crying out loud Brian Brohm didn't throw a single TD pass against the X varsity until his senior year in 2003.

Yes, changed couple years ago if I remember right.

Administration seems OK with second place, I don't see anything changing. We have solid underclassmen but no program changers. As stated before by many, schemes do not take advantage of our strengths. Getting way less talented transfers doesn't help either....

Tiger pride, next year, and the year after should be very good years for the Saint Xavier football program. Their JV team destroyed the Trinity JV’s twice last year.

As far as the coaching move that brought coach Wolford in, a big mistake in my opinion. The program spent his first three years in turmoil. Both asst coaches and certain players never measured up to expectations.

Saw St. X play several times this year and was very impressed with their team. Thought they were well coached and had some excellent players. Understand that having a rival like Trinity you want to beat them more than you have in recent years but Trinity is so well coached and they have had some great play makers. When I have seen T and St. X play it always seems to me T has a little more speed which makes a big difference in the game.

I’m not sure that the X program has deteriorated. Trinity has gotten better. The string of losses didn’t start when Coach Wolford was hired, it started after the tip of the hat. That was Coach Glaser’s last win. I don’t know what X does to catch up. My guess is wait for Coach Beatty to retire.

Tiger pride, next year, and the year after should be very good years for the Saint Xavier football program. Their JV team destroyed the Trinity JV’s twice last year.

As far as the coaching move that brought coach Wolford in, a big mistake in my opinion. The program spent his first three years in turmoil. Both asst coaches and certain players never measured up to expectations.

The X JV did have great games against T this year. However, many of those kids for T will still be on JV or on 2nd- 3rd team varsity as the Rocks aren't losing much.

The X JV did have great games against T this year. However, many of those kids for T will still be on JV or on 2nd- 3rd team varsity as the Rocks aren't losing much.

Let me ask you-What do you define as much? MR Football, the best completion QB in the history of U S high school, A division 1 offered WR, a lot of your offensive line and linebackers, at least 2 of your starting Dbs but that is not "much"?