Latest RPI Rankings

mooremiller31

Before I even start this thread I just want to note that I am aware it is December 3rd and that right now none of this means a thing. Having said that, I thought it would be cool to see where all the in state programs stood as of today in the latest RPI rankings.

Kentucky - 20

Western Kentucky - 34

Murray State - 89

Louisville - 105

Northern Kentucky - 129

Morehead State - 272

Eastern Kentucky - 294

Before I even start this thread I just want to note that I am aware it is December 3rd and that right now none of this means a thing. Having said that, I thought it would be cool to see where all the in state programs stood as of today in the latest RPI rankings.

Kentucky - 20

Western Kentucky - 34

Murray State - 89

Louisville - 105

Northern Kentucky - 129

Morehead State - 272

Eastern Kentucky - 294

Thanks. Would appreciate seeing them any time you have them.

The RPI for years has been some of the best rankings out there. I use it a lot when filling out tournament brackets for March madness. Like any computer poll it takes some time for it to become accurate, but from late January on it's certainly worth taking a look at.

From Twitter @BarstoolWestern:

Update as of December 10th:

Current State of Kentucky Official @NCAA Basketball RPI Rankings + SOS:

WKU - 28 (9)

Kentucky - 32 (100)

Murray State - 82 (164)

Louisville - 109 (141)

N. KY - 139 (187)

Morehead - 264 (108)

E. KY - 312 (321)

Found this amusing enough to post while I still can, since this is one of the few times in the last 10 years WKU has led in RPI! Too bad our football program tanked in one year while our basketball team did a 180.

Since we all understand the RPI this early in the season is silly, I might suggest you look at RPIforecast.com, which gives expected RPI ranks based on games to come as well. For example, the most likely final RPI for WKU at this point is 63rd -- which I think they'd take, and would give them a great chance at an NIT appearance.

If you click on the team it gives you an expected RPI based on different records, if you think a game they expect as a loss is a win, and vice versa.

Worth checking out every few days if you're a hoops junkie.