Would CovCath Beat Trinity?

TheDeuce

Would CCH have beaten Trinity this year?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Would CCH have beaten Trinity this year?

This seems to have been a popular topic over the last several weeks, and I think deserves its own thread. Both CCH and Trintiy finished off their seasons in convincing fashion this weekend. Speculation from many here is that not only could CCH play with Trinity this year, they could beat them.

What do you say? Please cite the reasons for your answer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in NO WAY a disrespect shot to CCH, but I honestly think the question is "Would CCH beat X?" I am 50/50 on that one.

St. X and Scott County would be very tough games for CCH. The difference between Trinity and all 3 is their defense and Rondale Moore. No one can handle that kid he is a very talented player!!

Without Moore or Bohn CCH could stay close, with Moore & Bohn T is 15-20 pts better. (To be fair, I did not see CCH live this season, only some tape). The issue is that T's defensive front 7 are just so good, and their O-line really came together late in the season. T beat Moeller & Warren Central & X played Cincy X to within 2 points. CCH did not play anyone as good as the top 8 or 9 teams on T or X's schedules.

Cov Cath 4th best team of teams mentioned above, T running clocks them, IMO...

Not sure why you are so confident Scott County would beat CovCath. Scott beat CovCath last year by 7 points. CovCath was at the Scott 29 late in the 4th driving for the tying score before a penalty and fumble pushed them back.

This year's CovCath team is between 28-35 points better than last year's version (CalPreps says 25 points better). I'm guessing this year's Cardinals and the 2016 Cardinals are a push (CalPreps agrees), so by that logic CovCath would be 18 points better than the Cards. CalPreps projects a 2017 hypothetical match up to be CovCath 42 - Scott County 28.

Not sure why you are so confident Scott County would beat CovCath. Scott beat CovCath last year by 7 points. CovCath was at the Scott 29 late in the 4th driving for the tying score before a penalty and fumble pushed them back.

This year's CovCath team is between 28-35 points better than last year's version (CalPreps says 25 points better). I'm guessing this year's Cardinals and the 2016 Cardinals are a push (CalPreps agrees), so by that logic CovCath would be 18 points better than the Cards. CalPreps projects a 2017 hypothetical match up to be CovCath 42 - Scott County 28.

I think Covcath vs Scott Co and St. X would be flip a coin type games. They would go either way on any given day. Covcath vs. Trinity would be similar to Trinity vs. ST. X. Not a blowout but the game never really being in doubt with Trinity winning.

I’ll start by saying no. Trinity is 17-21 points better, IMO. They played a FAR tougher schedule and have the best player in the state on the roster.

T may have played the tougher schedule, but CalPreps ranks CovCath above anybody T beat this year.

Moore is no doubt is a special player who would cause problems for the CovCath defense.