Who should be the 4 seed?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the 4 seed?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but UCF bugs the hell out of me. The fact that the AAC plays their conference championships on the home field of the higher ranked team is a travesty. Also schedule big name schools if you want to make the playoff as a non P5 otherwise be content with winning your conference and going to a bowl game. Houston had the recipe last year and they blew it.

I think Ohio State SHOULD. But I think Bama will get the 4th seed.

Disagree on osu should be in. It should be Bama but now I think osu may get put in.

To put things in perspective. UK finished 7 and 5. 4 and 4 in conference and tied for third in its division. Iowa finished 7 and 5, 4 and 5 in its conference, and tied for third in its division. So basically osu losing to Iowa by 31. Would have been like UK beating Bama by 31. No way would anyone be saying Bama is one of the top 4 teams in the country and should be in after losing to UK by 31 lol. That is seriously how bad that lost for osu was. It would like Bama losing to UK by 31. A top 4 team doesn't lose by 31 to a team like that.

But the answer is extremely complicated. OSU has 3 wins better than any of Bamas wins. They are a conference champ. But Bama didn't lose to Iowa by 31. The one thing I don't want to see is a comparison of 16 OSU to 17 Bama. For one OSU wasn't even debated last year they were the 3 seed. The debate was Washington vs Penn State. But also OSU had 3 top 10 wins last year and 2 on the road. The resumes aren't even close to comparable. I think Bama will get in and probably should get in, but it's not the same as OSU last year.

I'm sorry but UCF bugs the hell out of me. The fact that the AAC plays their conference championships on the home field of the higher ranked team is a travesty. Also schedule big name schools if you want to make the playoff as a non P5 otherwise be content with winning your conference and going to a bowl game. Houston had the recipe last year and they blew it.

If it was 8 teams i think they should have been in. Since its only 4, I agree no way.

Yeah that neutral field in Georgia....

The bolded is the problem with college football, right there. Playoff by an opinion poll. The fact that UCF really isn't an option is sad.

That's just how it is when you aren't a P5. To get in the discussion as a non P5 is a 2 year process. You need to get to a NY6 bowl and win. Then the next year you need to schedule a big OOC opponent and win then go undefeated. That gets you in the conversation.

Not even remotely the same thing. It was 60/40 Georgia to Auburn fans.

You have no idea how the ticketing works for the conference championship games in the AAC.

The tickets are split 50/50 and can be reserved 3 weeks before the season ends. I had tickets reserved for here and in Memphis. So it's exactly like the Georgia/Auburn game.

You have no idea how the ticketing works for the conference championship games in the AAC.

The tickets are split 50/50 and can be reserved 3 weeks before the season ends. I had tickets reserved for here and in Memphis. So it's exactly like the Georgia/Auburn game.

I saw exactly 5 blue shirts in the entire stands during AAC Championship. So maybe Memphis fans just sold their allotment to UCF fans. But they could have at least tried to conceal the fact that it was UCF's home field by painting different logos at midfield and in the end zones, but to me it just looked ridiculous. Like for God sakes the MAC plays their championship at Ford Field so it can't just be a smaller conference thing. I just don't get it. The conference championships are supposed to be neutral sites.

I need to add, that even though I am a season ticket holder and a donor to the university, I was not guarenteed a seat, much less my season ticket seats. Ticket availability was like a road game, base on priority points (donation level, games attended, away games attended, bowl games attended, ... etc.)