Thoughts About Kroger Field for State Championship

Love the location. Love UK.

Don’t mind having to park in a specified lot. I understand parking issues. Hate having to park in the green lot and then having to walk to the other side of the stadium to stand in a very long line to buy tickets.

Half the bathrooms closed.

Very long lines at the concession stand, manned by nice, but clearly inexperienced people.

Definitely hope to be back next year, but hope it is better organized.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the location. Love UK.

Don’t mind having to park in a specified lot. I understand parking issues. Hate having to park in the green lot and then having to walk to the other side of the stadium to stand in a very long line to buy tickets.

Half the bathrooms closed.

Very long lines at the concession stand, manned by nice, but clearly inexperienced people.

Definitely hope to be back next year, but hope it is better organized.

Agreed on the concessions, high school students with little to no knowledge of taking/ preparing an order. Stood about 20 minutes after ordering for a hot chocolate.

There were no parking lot designations. You could have parked wherever you wanted.

Kroger Field has an agreement to give exclusive use of its parking lots to UK Hospital on weekdays. UK Hospital has virtually no parking space of its own, and it is almost all designated for patients and visitors. Hospital staff uses the Kroger Field lots.

I’d assume UK uses the football stadium for student parking as UofL does, that’s why, I’d imagine.

True, and I had no problem with that. Plenty of parking where we were. Problem was having to walk to the other side of the stadium where there was one long line selling tickets.

They should have had ticket sales with entrances where the parking was and more than one booth open. There were plenty of nice people standing around doing nothing, but trying to be helpful.

My point is, that I love the stadium and the location, but the organization on Friday could stand a lot of improvement.

I know we were only 1A, but I have been to many 1A Championship games and this was by far the worst organized. We don’t need much, and we are not hard to please. Make it a bit more user friendly

I love the location and the stadium.

Just a few thoughts:

- Park in the stadium lots. It's free, close and easy

- Buy tickets at the UK ticket office on campus. They were $13 for general admission...no fees at all.

- The nicer seats on the home side should also be $13. I know they are "special" seats but for high school football, they should be the same price, first come, first serve.

Kroger Field has an agreement to give exclusive use of its parking lots to UK Hospital on weekdays. UK Hospital has virtually no parking space of its own, and it is almost all designated for patients and visitors. Hospital staff uses the Kroger Field lots.

I had the evening game on my mind. Oops :-)

I love the location and the stadium.

Just a few thoughts:

- Park in the stadium lots. It's free, close and easy

- Buy tickets at the UK ticket office on campus. They were $13 for general admission...no fees at all.

- The nicer seats on the home side should also be $13. I know they are "special" seats but for high school football, they should be the same price, first come, first serve.

Agreed. The home team fans were at a disadvantage in terms of seating.