Danville 35 Mayfield 21 - 2A State Championship

theguru

The Danville Admirals are your 2017 Class 2A State Football Champions!

The win gives Danville their 11th State Championship. Additionally, the Admirals are 5 and 0 against Mayfield in State Championship Games.

Dmauriae VanCleave with a huge game for the Admirals.

Congrats Danville! Congrats Coach Clevenger!

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/-2a-championship-danville-358287.html

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Admirals on a terrific game. You guys earned that title. Still proud of my Cardinals for yet another great season. Nothing to hang your heads over. The ball just didn't bounce your way today and it took a great team to take you out. Lot's of great talent returning next year, so, get in the weight room in the off season and be ready to give it another shot in 2018..

Congratulations to The Mayfield Cardinals on another great season.

Great Job 2017 State champion Danville Admirals. All of Danville/Boyle County is proud of you guys.

Title Town is back.

And well deserved, AA.. 2a and 3a had some very stout teams this year which makes that accomplishment that much more impressive..

VanCleave 2A player of the year, most rushng yards in the title game, player of the game and yes He is Fast, REAL fast and proved it today. Clay Clevenger Coach of the year in 2A and staff I think he would tell you. And 2A CHAMPION from the weakly east, think that about sums it up for all the talk during the season and playoffs. Way to go ADS!!!!

I said 28-14 before the game. Played out about like I thought. VanCleave was best player on the field. Danville better all around team. Nothing away from Mayfield. They are a great team and defense is nasty.

Clevenger was named 2A coach of year. VanCleave was was 2A player of year. He was also player of the game.

I still can't believe Mayfield punted to him.