Buckhorn 88 Lee County 26

Final. What is going on in Baettyville?

I’ve been told that they’re simply very young and inexperienced, playing mostly freshmen and sophomores, maybe even an eighth grader. Their leading scorer from last year didn’t enroll this year. I’m not sure if he enrolled elsewhere or not. Also had another player, or maybe two, that decided not to play this year.

I’ve been told that they’re simply very young and inexperienced, playing mostly freshmen and sophomores, maybe even an eighth grader. Their leading scorer from last year didn’t enroll this year. I’m not sure if he enrolled elsewhere or not. Also had another player, or maybe two, that decided not to play this year.

So basically Riverside has a chance to beat them?

Well, I’m not sure about that. Riverside has around 25 students in their high school, which amounts to around 12 boys. I doubt they beat Lee but anything is possible. It would probably be a first if they did.

This is a reason why I'm a fan of Riverside, they are a very tiny school but yet play one of the most difficult schedules in the state.

This is a reason why I'm a fan of Riverside, they are a very tiny school but yet play one of the most difficult schedules in the state.

I’m not sure of all of the teams in the region they play. I know Owsley plays them tonight. We’re a bigger school than them at 210 high schoolers but actually everyone they have bigger enrollments.

As far as “playing one of the most difficult schedules in the state”, that would have to be taken into perspective in relations to who they play. I don’t think in our region they play Hazard, Knott, Perry, Letcher, Leslie, etc. I believe they do play the teams in their district which includes Jackson City, Breathitt and Wolfe.