Herm Edwards to Arizona State

All State Baseball

I like Herm, I hope does well in Tempe.

But like mentioned above, the recruiting part is a whole new game for him.

Recruiting will be different for sure. But Tempe is an easy place to recruit to and Herm has an advantage over other coaches who dropped down to the college level after a hiatus from the NFL in that people know him from TV as much as they do from coaching. Recruits know who he is already so he's not at the disadvantage that most coaches would be in his situation.

But Tempe is an easy place to recruit to...

Is there any proof of this? The idea of playing football and going to school in Arizona may seem appealing but they rarely recruit well and they don't send a ton of kids to the NFL. I'm not sure how an TV analyst that hasn't coached college football since 1989 is going to be able to improve that.

Is there any proof of this? The idea of playing football and going to school in Arizona may seem appealing but they rarely recruit well and they don't send a ton of kids to the NFL. I'm not sure how an TV analyst that hasn't coached college football since 1989 is going to be able to improve that.

Have you been to Tempe? Anyone that has understands why people say it's an easy place to recruit to.

If I was in the position to be recruited as a college football player I would obviously end up at OSU. But I would definitely take one of my officials to ASU. The scenery alone is enough to get a guy to campus and I'm not talking about the mountains...

If I was in the position to be recruited as a college football player I would obviously end up at OSU. But I would definitely take one of my officials to ASU. The scenery alone is enough to get a guy to campus and I'm not talking about the mountains...

Yes you are. :banana:

Herm was an average NFL coach. He hasn't been involved in the college game for almost 30 years. Why do we think this is a good hire?

Because Herm has reinvented himself while at ESPN and he has turned into a likable guy and people want to see him succeed. We are generally more positive about the chances of people we like.