Cincinnati at Xavier Predictions

Skyline Crosstown Shootout  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Skyline Crosstown Shootout

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bearcats will get a win and get back to back Crosstown wins for the first time in a long time.

To put a fine point on this, the last time UC won back-to-back Shootouts was the 94-95 season and the 95-96 season.

UC has one win at Cintas Center (against 6 losses), and that came in the 2001-02 season.

Worth noting, this game has gone to OT 4 times in the last 50 years, all 4 times when Xavier was hosting. The only 2OT game came in 2009-10 when Xavier had Jordan Crawford and UC had Lance Stephenson -- one of my favorite games ever!

UC leads the overall series 50-34.

Since the 1996-97 season (and UC's last back-to-back victories): Xavier leads 14-7.

Xavier leads 7-3 in the last 10.

This one could be an all-timer on Saturday, and the atmosphere will absolutely be crazy at tip-off.

IDK why they made this a noon Saturday game! I'd much rather see it a Night game. I have boys basketball game to coach at 1 So I'll miss the game but I've already turned my notifications off and have it set to record!

I watched Xavier last night and they look very good! 55 is a scrappy player! UC can not let blueitt score as many as he did last year! Also UC was 18-37 from the Free throw line last year. I don't see how they win this game IF they soot poorly from the free throw line this year!

I believe UC is a better basketball team than last year BUT they aren't battle tested yet. These next four games are crucial to see if UC us a contender or pretender to fight for a final four spot.

UC wins a tight one by 10 with the game being close until the end with UC making free throws down the stretch!