Tennessee coaching search

All State Baseball

So now with Tennessee backing out on Greg Schiano and Duke head coach, David Cutfliff telling Tennessee he's staying at Duke. Matt Campbell just signed an extension to stay at Iowa State, where do the Vols turn too next?

According to football scoop, Jimmy Haynes is reporting that Tennessee has met with Mike Grundy of Oklahoma State, who is well known for his "Rants". Grundy turned Tennessee down back in 2012.

Also, Grundy just signed a contract extension with OSU last year that will pay him 4.45MIL annually and rolls over in perpetuity.

Is Tennessee setting itself up for more disappointment? - FootballScoop

So who does Tennessee land?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only hire that would satisfy Vols fans would be Jon Gruden and that's not happening. What has Mike Gundy done at OK State other than underachieve? This is the SEC, not the Big XII. "The Mullet" would fail to get it done in Knoxville as well. After the debacle over the weekend, the Vols would be best served to hire an up and coming head coach of a Group of Five team, although I can't think of a worthy candidate off the top of my head. Guys like Hoke, Sumlin, Graham and McElwain didn't really set the world on fire with their records at major programs so I'd avoid that if I were AD Currie. The guy already has shown questionable decision making skills so the next coach will probably be Rick Pitino.