ADIDAS says "Rick knew!"

Jumper_Dad

Evidence suggests Rick Pitino was 'aware and supported' recruiti - WDRB 41 Louisville News

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Adidas has asked a federal judge to dismiss former University of Louisville men’s basketball coach Rick Pitino’s lawsuit against the apparel maker, arguing evidence suggests Pitino was “both aware and supported the scheme” to pay players.

Pitino sued Adidas in October and claimed he was damaged by the company’s “outrageous conduct in conspiring to funnel money to the family of a college basketball recruit.” The FBI is leading a federal investigation into college basketball recruiting that was made public in a criminal complaint in September.

This will be quite the legal battle. Will be interesting to follow.

And Rick definitely knew.

Agree, this is about ADIDAS trying to position themselves in a "Positive" position in the lawsuit Rick has filed against them. IMO Rick is stupid for suing ADIDAS, just more rocks getting turned over that he probably would rather not be turned over.

Agree, this is about ADIDAS trying to position themselves in a "Positive" position in the lawsuit Rick has filed against them. IMO Rick is stupid for suing ADIDAS, just more rocks getting turned over that he probably would rather not be turned over.

Rick is suing adidas because he knows he isn’t getting his money from UofL.

Suing Adidas was not the smart thing to do for Pitino. They’re not going to let him off the hook and be the only bad guy, plus pay him money from a lost lawsuit. There’s probably going to be a lot more dirt exposed that even Rick has forgotten about and will wish he hadn’t unearthed.

Rick is suing adidas because he knows he isn’t getting his money from UofL.

Suing UL always made more sense to me. Both parties involved in the suit would have ample reason to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

No way either Rick or UL allows the case to go to court out of fear over what else could come to light.

UL has a lot more to lose going forward than Pitino.

Suing Adidas just never really made sense to me.

Suing UL always made more sense to me. Both parties involved in the suit would have ample reason to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

No way either Rick or UL allows the case to go to court out of fear over what else could come to light.

UL has a lot more to lose going forward than Pitino.

Suing Adidas just never really made sense to me.

I agree that suing adidas is an incredibly bad look (read: stupid) on Pitino and one he is likely to lose.

This situation will be very interesting in the coming months when all involved start making deals and pleas to stay out of prison. I think we will see that the shoe companies have been paying players in one way or another for quite some time. It's interesting to me that it was reported that Nike had upped the ante to the Bowen family and then Adidas had to counter offer. It was assumed that Bowen would sign with Michigan State, a Nike school. When he signed with Louisville, it was reported that the Spartan coaching staff was very surprised. I sure there were.