George Rogers Clark 71 Scott County 57 (Scrimmage)

GRC: Will Philpot 17, Brennan Canada 13

Scott county: Moreno 20

GRC had all of their starters to score in double figures. Also heard that Philpot had a lot of rebounds.

I know this is just a scrimmage, but it was played like a real game. For #12 GRC to beat #2 Scott Co gives me great hope to the season this year. I love this " team" they really play as a unit together. With all 5 starters scoring in double figures is a hard team to guard. GO CARDS.

impressive by GRC

Scott Co. did not have Robb and Covington for this scrimmage, will be interesting to see how they do at Ballard Friday night.

Robb and Covington are both huge pieces and explains it.

Robb and Covington are both huge pieces and explains it.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mooremiller31 viewpost-right.png

Scott County was missing one starter. Covington won't start for them over Stewart. If I was to guess they will go Robb, Stewart, Long, Williams, and Moreno. Covington and Fluker will be off the bench if I were to guess.

Missing a starter can make a difference, but none the less a impressive win for GRC.

Philpot had 12 rebounds

Awesome. Thanks for posting. I am more impressed with the rebounds, assists , blocked shots and steals than I am points. I know that will vary from game to game, When one is not scoring they have others to do that, but still contribute by other parts of their game. Expect Will to have lots of double doubles this season.

It sounded like some jealousy going on with some of the parents.

Agreed. It’s gonna be tough for them all to get their points with all the new faces and star power they have. People can say what they want about the “team” mentality but parents will dictate that. That what usually happens to a team loaded with....... (talented newcomers) yeah that works.