#2 Boyle County vs. #3 Corbin (3A State Final)

16thBBall Fan

3A State Championship Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. 3A State Championship Who wins?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks ago I was actually hoping for a Boyle/Belfry title game. No slight to Belfry I just thought Boyle matched up better against them than Corbin. Then Central wakes everyone up and I was rooting for Corbin. We’ll be careful what you wish for. Should be an outstanding game. Boyle secondary is the key IMO. They have a great game and Boyle brings home #8. They don’t and it’s a coin flip. Either way glad to see them back in the last game. Go REBELS. #rebelpride

Corbin is a whole lot better than people think; Sizemore is a stud at QB and Chase Estep is one of the most underrated players in class 3A. He can hurt you in many different ways. Christian Gosselin is another player that can hurt you as well. Defensively, Grant Gibson just keeps making solid plays after plays while Aaron Money and Ethan Sims have been playing on a different level. I’ve watched them entire season while sitting back and reading the comments. This team has been focused throughout and answered every challenge throw at them. They also possess one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Justin Haddix is top notch and then throw in Tommy Greer, Greg Duncum, Wayne Mills, Scottie Russell and Jody Mouser and the rest of the staff - very impressive.

Corbin is a whole lot better than people think; Sizemore is a stud at QB and Chase Estep is one of the most underrated players in class 3A. He can hurt you in many different ways. Christian Gosselin is another player that can hurt you as well. Defensively, Grant Gibson just keeps making solid plays after plays while Aaron Money and Ethan Sims have been playing on a different level. I’ve watched them entire season while sitting back and reading the comments. This team has been focused throughout and answered every challenge throw at them. They also possess one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Justin Haddix is top notch and then throw in Tommy Greer, Greg Duncum, Wayne Mills, Scottie Russell and Jody Mouser and the rest of the staff - very impressive.

I for one believe that Corbin is every bit as good as advertised, they're playing for a state championship for a reason. I might add that the core of Boyle's coaching staff is 7-1 in state title games pretty impressive stat.

I haven't seen Boyle but I have Corbin. Corbin is solid. On defense Fundamentally sound, tackle well and dbacks coverage was really good. On offense QB is a monster with a cannon and can run as well. Their Oline blocks well and stays with it 20 yards down field, backs run hard and have they have good run/pass balance.