How long before Jerry Jones is shoved out the NFL door?

With all the drama with Jerry Jones over Roger Goodell's contract extension, stating that he will sue the NFL if Goodell is extended, and making making most of the NFL owners pretty upset over this including Atlanta Falcons owner, Arthur Blank.

He only has 3 super bowls rings and his team, hasn't won a superbowl in 20 years.

So my question is, how long before the NFL shoves Jerry Jones out the door? Also, how in the world is Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" ?

With all the drama with Jerry Jones over Roger Goodell's contract extension, stating that he will sue the NFL if Goodell is extended, and making making most of the NFL owners pretty upset over this including Atlanta Falcons owner, Arthur Blank.

He only has 3 super bowls rings and his team, hasn't won a superbowl in 20 years.

So my question is, how long before the NFL shoves Jerry Jones out the door? Also, how in the world is Dallas Cowboys' "America's Team" ?

Because America is gullible.

The whole America's team thing is why I openly root against them. I felt all warm and fuzzy last night.

You might want to re-phrase that.

Jerry’s team hasn’t been relevant since the late 90s but the way he is out there and marketing his team he makes them socially relevant enough to put butts in the seats and radio to talk about him. He like numerous owners need to accept that time has caught up with them and move on. Ego a greed won’t aloow it

Jerry has manipulated this situation with Elliott to a high degree, to be sure. But the delaying tactics for his suspension seem to have backfired, what with Dallas at 5-5 and needing a lot of help to get back into playoff contention.

Jerry would have been better off taking the suspension early and playing the victim role to the hilt if the Starboys tanked early with Elliott out — he'd had a much better case at unseating him with sympathy from fellow owners. Elliott's played most of the season this year and Dallas is still a middling team (like most every other team in the NFL these days) and on the outside of the playoff picture with little hope in sight unless Tyron Smith gets real healthy real fast. There's your league MVP.

Never underestimate Jerry's sway with the other owners. He has a lot of clout.

I was listening to some of our clubhouse members talk about the battle between Jones and Goodell and a statement was made that seemed far fetched to me. One of the fellows said the entire NFL was worth 9 billion dollars and that the Dallas Cowboys franchise made up 4 billion of that total.

If that’s true it’s no wonder Jerry carries so much clout in the league.

I was listening to some of our clubhouse members talk about the battle between Jones and Goodell and a statement was made that seemed far fetched to me. One of the fellows said the entire NFL was worth 9 billion dollars and that the Dallas Cowboys franchise made up 4 billion of that total.

The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in sports at around $4 billion, that part is correct. There's no way that number on the NFL is correct.

The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in sports at around $4 billion, that part is correct. There's no way that number on the NFL is correct.

I’m an idiot for even posting something that stupid before checking it out. Just read that the NFL is worth $75 billion. The average worth of an NFL franchise is $2.5 billion.

Jerry has manipulated this situation with Elliott to a high degree, to be sure. But the delaying tactics for his suspension seem to have backfired, what with Dallas at 5-5 and needing a lot of help to get back into playoff contention.

Jerry would have been better off taking the suspension early and playing the victim role to the hilt if the Starboys tanked early with Elliott out — he'd had a much better case at unseating him with sympathy from fellow owners. Elliott's played most of the season this year and Dallas is still a middling team (like most every other team in the NFL these days) and on the outside of the playoff picture with little hope in sight unless Tyron Smith gets real healthy real fast. There's your league MVP.

This times 1,000. Can't understand why he didn't do it.

5-5. 242 points scored, 242 points allowed. As Stephen A. would say - a walking piece of mediocrity.

Hanging around the 19th hole will produce that kind of statement.