CFP Rankings 11/14

GrantNKY

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Sat. Night in the Alabama /Miss. State thread I called this top 4 just like this with Clemson #2 and Miami and Oklahoma at #3 and #4. I said then I thought that Clemson should probable be #4 but for the three years of the committee they really seem to like Clemson for some reason. I don't know what is but it really shows tonight that they sure do.

As much as I hate it. With how the committee has set this up. Osu imo may control their destiny again. If OSU wins out they may make it now. The sec will have a team in, Oklahoma imo is going to be in, and the acc will have one. That leaves one spot which at this time I think will be the big 10 champ. Even though my Notre Dame Irish are above osu. Notre Dame doesn't have a conference championship. So osu would jump them if they won the big 10.

The question would be would the committee do opposite of what they did last year. Last year they put a 1 loss osu in over a 2 loss big 10 champ in Penn State who beat osu. If Wisconsin were to lose a close game to osu. Would they put a 2 loss osu who won the big 10 over a 1 loss Wisconsin? Last year the committee put the 1 loss team in even though they lost to the big 10 champ.

It will be interesting.

Remember Sat. Night in the Alabama /Miss. State thread I called this top 4 just like this with Clemson #2 and Miami and Oklahoma at #3 and #4. I said then I thought that Clemson should probable be #4 but for the three years of the committee they really seem to like Clemson for some reason. I don't know what is but it really shows tonight that they sure do.
Maybe a runner up finish and a title is why...it's not like Clemson didn't deserve to be there the last two years.

Hopefully Bama fights through the hate they are getting and wins out decisively. I've NEVER rooted for the Tide, but it actually helps OSU out a ton if they win out. Roll Tide.

Agreed. If Auburn beats Bama then osu has no chance to make the playoffs. At this moment even a 1 lost Bama will make it. So if Bama were to lose to Auburn. Then either a 2 lost Auburn or 1 lost Georgia would make it after winning the sec championship. That would put 2 sec teams in. As you said you need Bama to win out.