What needs to change for Highlands to return to being a State Champion caliber team?

Qryche11

I know the season is over for the Birds but I am sure there are many posters out there who have ideas of what needs to change or not change for the Birds to get back to competing for state titles.

The past two seasons have been the worst dating back probably 30+ years. Is it simply a lack of talent and other teams becoming better or is it the coaching staff and a different culture in the program being instilled?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still choosing to ignore that explanation RCC gave you. Sorry facts go against your grudge.

Not ignoring it at all, just disagree with it. The inside talent (which is primarily what you have in the last 2 classes) hasnt been the caliber needed, therefore you need more talent. Pretty obvious to me. Now that outside talent could move into the fort, or it could come from outside the fort, either way, its still the same answer, more talent is needed.

Not ignoring it at all, just disagree with it. The inside talent (which is primarily what you have in the last 2 classes) hasnt been the caliber needed, therefore you need more talent. Pretty obvious to me. Now that outside talent could move into the fort, or it could come from outside the fort, either way, its still the same answer, more talent is needed.

Drop to class 4A.

Drop to class 4A.

This is actually a good point of discussion. Anyone else care to comment?

Just to set outsiders like me straight. It is true that at the last classification realignment that Highlands asked to play up. Correct?

Today, are the numbers of male kids at Highlands more than at that last classification, less or about the same?

Just to set outsiders like me straight. It is true that at the last classification realignment that Highlands asked to play up. Correct?

Today, are the numbers of male kids at Highlands more than at that last classification, less or about the same?

Both Highlands and Cov Cath both chose to play up.

Trade more film.

But it seriously has to be that the kids that were coming to Highlands from other places arent anymore.

My BF that has many family from NK and Highlands has said that kids that once came from other schools to Highlands are just staying at their schools now.

Highlands has been down before in my lifetime, but this is a little different.

Both Highlands and Cov Cath both chose to play up.

Someone posted on this once before. I think CovCath is squarely in 5A For the next review. Highlands is still at a 4A level. But I don’t know the numbers.

But I agree, play in the class you should be. There are enough teams up here to do it. They can still play CovCath.

So talent cycles don’t exist? Yep, Highlands has won 22 state title all due to outside talent. There’s a word for people who choose to ignore facts.

So talent cycles don’t exist? Yep, Highlands has won 22 state title all due to outside talent. There’s a word for people who choose to ignore facts.

Im not following you, we both just said the same thing, its the talent, the current talent at hand is not good enough to win state championships.

Im not following you, we both just said the same thing, its the talent, the current talent at hand is not good enough to win state championships.

No, you said they need more outside talent. Not true. Go back and read RCC’s post again.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R2