Colin Kaepernick is GQ Man of the Year.

jericho

People still read GQ?? Is GQ Man of the Year a prestigious award?? If so, who won it last year and the year before...and don't use Google to look it up.

It is like I told someone complaining to me yesterday about GQ's selection, it has us talking about GQ...

It is like I told someone complaining to me yesterday about GQ's selection, it has us talking about GQ...

That's for sure. I'm betting most of the people who are angry about this, haven't picked up a GQ or even thought about picking up GQ magazine in years. Complaining about it is only going to help their sales, and it will have the exact opposite affect that the people who are complaining want. Ignore it and it goes away. Keep complaining, and you'll only help drive sales.

Congrats to a deserving person. I personally thought JJ Watt deserved it for raising so much money for the Hurrican Relief, (37 million)

Colin Kaepernick is GQ's 'Citizen of the Year' - Nov. 13, 217

For what it's worth, this website shows all of the organizations to which Kaepernick has donated money. It is the Million Dollar Pledge, where he is donating $1M plus all the proceeds from his jersey sales in 2016 to organizations in oppressed communities. He's currently given away roughly $800,000 of his own money to this point.

Million Dollar Pledge

JJ Watt donated $100,000 of his own money and then encouraged donations that eventually reached $37 million.

J.J. Watt's Hurricane Harvey fund closes with over $37 million raised

Both should be commended for the work they have done in their communities and other places. Neither should be pitted against each other in a "who's done more" race to win an award.