Which Stat is the best Indicator of QB Performance?

Which stat is the best indicator of QB Performance?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which stat is the best indicator of QB Performance?

• Traditional QB Rating
    • The new QBR
    • TD's and Interceptions
    • Yards
    • Wins and Losses

As I have seen in some of my debates with people on Dalton. That many people seem to have different things they seem to look at in terms of what they think shows how good a QB is. Seems like we had stats from both sides of the discussion that supported both sides.

So I was curious what people think may be the best indicator of how good a QB is, or is there one? Is it normal QB rating that people have used for years? The new QBR that was developed back in 2010 that takes into account every play and the impact it had on the game? TDs and Interceptions? Win and Losses? Is there a good way to evaluate besides just the eye test?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate using yards as an indicator. The 4 yard screen and the receiver runs for 76 yards gives the QB credit for 80 yards and a TD.

Also hate when a receiver bobbles a ball and it ends up getting picked. Not really the QB's fault.

Rings.

Ha true! However if you didn't have the G.O.A.T what do you think is the best? I honestly really like the new QBR. That truly takes into account all the plays in the game that a QB makes, and the true impact a QB has on a game. Like completing a 5 yard pass on 3rd down and 5 for a first down, gets a higher score than a 5 yard pass completed on 3rd and 10 that doesn't get a first down. While all other stats doesn't take that into account, all other stats just see it was completed. Also takes into account when plays happen in a game, and clutch plays, etc.

Which by the way Tom Brady has been in the top 5 of QBR 8 out of the last 10 years. Which is why I think QBR is the best. It's not just about who has the most tds, yards, etc. Its about who makes plays that has the most impact, which we all know Tom Brady is probably the best at all time at that and the QBR also indicates that.

Hate using yards as an indicator. The 4 yard screen and the receiver runs for 76 yards gives the QB credit for 80 yards and a TD.

Also hate when a receiver bobbles a ball and it ends up getting picked. Not really the QB's fault.

Agreed! That's why I love the QBR. That takes all that into consideration. It doesn't reward a QB for a receiver doing most of the work. It also doesn't penalize the QB for a pass a WR should have caught. QBR also takes into account rather the QB had a clean pocket or pressure.

Championships, then wins and losses. How many championships do you get your team to and how many do you win.

I know if I was an owner, I'd pay the guy that did that. My friend in the next city who is an owner can have the guy with the most yards, most TDs, best QBR, etc., if those all belong to different QB.

As I have seen in some of my debates with people on Dalton. That many people seem to have different things they seem to look at in terms of what they think shows how good a QB is. Seems like we had stats from both sides of the discussion that supported both sides.

So I was curious what people think may be the best indicator of how good a QB is, or is there one? Is it normal QB rating that people have used for years? The new QBR that was developed back in 2010 that takes into account every play and the impact it had on the game? TDs and Interceptions? Win and Losses? Is there a good way to evaluate besides just the eye test?

How about championships?

Championships, then wins and losses. How many championships do you get your team to and how many do you win.

I know if I was an owner, I'd pay the guy that did that. My friend in the next city who is an owner can have the guy with the most yards, most TDs, best QBR, etc., if those all belong to different QB.

How about championships?

So Trent Dilfer should be known as a better qb than people like Dan Marino? There is also many qbs in the NFL right now who haven't won a championship. So how would you rank them or determine which ones are good qbs who are doing all they can to help their team but don't have much around them? How do you know which ones are doing good enough and just need help to win a championship. And which ones should the team maybe move on from because that qb isn't going to get you over the top no matter what's around them?

So yes championships are great. However how do you determine the rest?