Should Playoff Games be Played at a Neutral Site?

THS2011

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which is why they rotate.

That doesn't correspond with your initial post about one seeds having the right to host. In a rotation system, if one hosts, the other doesn't.

(By the way, I'm not in favor of neutral sites in round three. I don't mind the rotation. I'm just providing a counter-argument.)

with each class playing at the same location? I could go for that.

I'm not sure that is realistic. I'd say semifinalists play at a neutral site roughly halfway between the two schools. I would mandate it must be on turf, although it could be a high school and not have to be a college. The KHSAA should dictate where the game is played and mandate that any school who has turf must make their field available for state semifinal round play.

I'm not sure that is realistic. I'd say semifinalists play at a neutral site roughly halfway between the two schools. I would mandate it must be on turf, although it could be a high school and not have to be a college. The KHSAA should dictate where the game is played and mandate that any school who has turf must make their field available for state semifinal round play.

I like the DH strictly for a financial standpoint...more bang for your buck.

That doesn't correspond with your initial post about one seeds having the right to host. In a rotation system, if one hosts, the other doesn't.

(By the way, I'm not in favor of neutral sites in round three. I don't mind the rotation. I'm just providing a counter-argument.)

no it doesn't...I worked all night and i'm sleepy. lol

I think if you included HS's with turf this would almost be doable. If not a halfway point, at least Neutral sites that were similar travel distances (1.5 hr drive for each.) I do think that even in Round 3 it seems unfair that a 1 seed is traveling to another 1 seed just because of the year it is.